Blenheim Nature Reserve

Jim Holah
👍

Mon 12 Jun 2017, 13:35

Thanks for the clarification

Julie Penny
👍

Sun 11 Jun 2017, 21:47

I am the mentioned 'new resident' in Blenheim Farm and to set the record straight and avoid any confusion I will set out the issues. The footpath runs through Blenheim Farm which includes the garden, woodland and paddock on both sides of the path down to the kissing gate and fence at the BBOWT reserve. None of the path has been fenced off, only the private land.

The footpath was diverted by the last owner from the legally approved official route which runs through the middle of the garden and straight on through the paddock, not through the private woodland as currently set out. The Field Officer Dan Weeks from Oxford County Council visited the garden to approve the new fencing and gates I will be erecting and checked the path against the official route and informed me that the path line was incorrect. He has marked out the correct route and I will moving the path to the correct line in due course. The orange markers referred to in earlier post were put in by the Field Officer to mark the correct route and I have been mowing the path on a weekly basis since that time.

I have put up notices and spoken to as many people as I can who use the path and explained the issues which I am not prepared to expand on here but am more than happy to discuss further in person if anyone has any concerns.

Heather Williams
👍

Mon 5 Jun 2017, 07:55

My understanding is that when they moved in they were not sure where the boundaries were (I thought the Solicitor would have known), so I think the Council were called in and it may have appeared that the path used wasn't quite correct (although had been used for years). I noticed some red painted batons when I walked down there a few weeks ago. I also heard that the new owners want to put livestock on their land, so it obviously does need to be fenced better and in the correct place. If anyone else knows about this then please correct me.

Leah Fowler
👍

Mon 5 Jun 2017, 07:52

Ask her, she was told by WODC that the footpath was in the wrong place and she had got to move it.

Jim Holah
👍

Sun 4 Jun 2017, 21:50

Odd that it's only changed since a new resident has moved, setting up fencing & posting notices. Unfriendly at best.

Leah Fowler
👍

Sun 4 Jun 2017, 14:40

West Oxfordshire District order I understand, not the new resident!

Helen Josephine Wright
👍

Sun 4 Jun 2017, 14:21

Attending the Pond dipping event recently I visited the reserve & found it much changed with most of the pathway now fenced off. On my way back a elderly gentleman was struggling to walk on the rougher ground whilst walking his dog . He mentioned he had recently fallen! I thought how sad this access area has been changed without thought for the elderly or pushchair users.

Not sure if there have been other comments or thoughts.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.