Hustings

Charlie M
👍

Fri 9 Jun 2017, 18:46 (last edited on Fri 9 Jun 2017, 18:47)

I must have mis-read it ... I thought that his slogan was "Please will someone notice me?". As regards his dynamic manner, I am sure that we can expect him to work his magic to get rid of that planning application to cause ghastly disfigurement to Grammar School Hill by building masses of houses there ...

... can't we?

James Styring
👍

Fri 9 Jun 2017, 18:16

Malcolm: I had to Google "FOAD" and I must say I blushed when I read its meaning. I think you should delete the post quickly before Richard F spots it!

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Fri 9 Jun 2017, 17:38

Err... Hang on I might have missed a sarcasm alert. It's the meds I need to take at times. Yes, really... brainfog can set in...

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Fri 9 Jun 2017, 17:33

JS - foad.

James Styring
👍

Fri 9 Jun 2017, 17:16

Well done young Robbie! And commiserations to poor Liz.
We should all be glad to have the dynamic Robbie Courts as our MP, again. He works hardly for our community, always ready to meet and listen to constituents, fighting our corner on local issues like the cutting of bus services and national problems such as Brexit . And he's loyal to the Party ?" his campaign motto was 'Standing by Theresa May'. He has his ear to the ground and knows what the people of Charlbury want ?" and the people have spoken.
Go, Robbie!

Hamish Nichol
👍

Fri 9 Jun 2017, 09:05

Thank you to all the candidates for not filling my recycling bin this time round with the flood of propaganda, it was appreciated both in saving my time and for minimising waste.
I was surprised that it was only the Tories that knocked on my door canvasing, I'm in a lot of the time and didn't see any other parties - not that I'm complaining!

Matthew Greenfield
👍

Thu 8 Jun 2017, 07:46

www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/no-show-tory-candidates-pulling-10570816

Michael Flanagan
👍

Thu 8 Jun 2017, 04:20

Jean:
The issue isn't whether Courts has been to Charlbury.

It's why he's refused to speak at hustings in Charlbury. And Woodstock. And Chippy.

His staff claim he's "too busy". But Parliament's suspended and he's no longer an MP.

So what's he been so busy at he's refused to speak to the people whose votes he wants?

The voters of West Oxfordshire deserve an answer.

Otherwise we'll conclude he's frit. As Mrs THatcher would have put it

Mark Sulik
👍

Wed 7 Jun 2017, 18:43

Spotted on Dyers Hill and Church Lane

Chris Tatton
👍

Wed 7 Jun 2017, 16:24

Yes there was a rare siting of him, on Saturday afternoon, he walked down Park St, called on two doors and disappeared again.

Pearl Manners
👍

Wed 7 Jun 2017, 13:19 (last edited on Wed 7 Jun 2017, 13:20)

Yes, there was a photo of him and his team on 12 May by Charlbury Community Centre and Saturday afternoon they were door to door canvassing in Charlbury. Sorry missed the third occasion.

Jean Adams
👍

Wed 7 Jun 2017, 12:47

You may not have been here at the time, or seen, Robert Courts in Charlbury,but I am assured that he has been here at least three times.

Sarah Goad
👍

Tue 6 Jun 2017, 20:48

Is anyone surprised? The issue is he's "standing with Theresa May" ... and she doesn't turn up to debates either...

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Fri 26 May 2017, 16:53

Chris I only suggest this as if you take the time and take a look at the grease pit the first page of listings is inundated with political threads and as Philip says in his comment this is starting to look like a party political broadcast for the Lib Dems :-)

Chris Tatton
👍

Fri 26 May 2017, 15:46

Why should posts that bring to Charlbury residents attention that our MP does not want to attend many local hustings be sent to the grease pit. Many local residents have thanked me for bringing this matter to their attention.

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Fri 26 May 2017, 15:00

Perhaps all election related threads should automatically be sent to the grease pit ?

Philip Ambrose
👍

Fri 26 May 2017, 12:50

Speaking as someone who is unlikely to be voting for anyone in the upcoming General Election, this thread looks awfully like a party political broadcast by the Liberal Democrats! Probably within the Forum rules, if not the spirit of them?

By the way Chris, contrary to your original post, it was a by-election. I am not sure that Liz or any of the other candidates would appreciate being described as "bi"!!! :-)

Chris Tatton
👍

Mon 22 May 2017, 17:21 (last edited on Fri 26 May 2017, 13:35)

It is appalling that our new MP is "too busy" to meet his electorate in hustings in Charlbury, Woodstock and at a number of the local schools. It demonstrates an arrogance and a contempt for the local electorate.

Residents may wish to take this into consideration on polling day and to bear in mind how the constituency voted for the alternative candidates at the recent by-election, Liz Leffman 30%, Labour 15%, Green 4% and UKIP 4%.

Michael Flanagan
👍

Mon 22 May 2017, 14:32

A number of people are currently working hard to try to stage a hustings for our area, however inconvenient this might be for some candidates.

An announcement is likely in the next 24 hours.

Charlie M
👍

Mon 22 May 2017, 12:56

Amanda, I join with you in condemning Tory Boy's attitude of being "too busy" to face his electorate. However, if this means that he is actually having to break a sweat canvassing elsewhere in this constituency, then perhaps it should be welcomed! And why cannot hustings be held featuring the other candidates (you know ... the ones that actually *are* prepared to face the electorate)?
Seems like a good idea to me ...

Amanda Epps
👍

Mon 22 May 2017, 12:08

I understand that the traditional Election Hustings in Charlbury and Woodstock will not be held this time as Robert Courts the Tory candidate is "too busy". Too busy to face his electorate or as cowardly as his party leader?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.