Suspect car by Canoe Club

Paul Taylor
👍

Thu 20 Apr 2017, 17:28

Your more than wellcome Hugh

Hugh Belshaw
👍

Thu 20 Apr 2017, 15:27

On behalf of the Canoe Club I wish to thank you, Paul, and hope that you and others will take similar action in future.
In the past we have had considerable damage to our sheds and boats so a bit of neighbourhood watch is always welcome.

Paul Taylor
👍

Thu 20 Apr 2017, 15:19

Thanks K Harper yes this was reported to the Police and the same wording was used to discribe the accents the Police had no problem with that I also have photos which back up the story but I may have to photoshop them so they don't upset any one. I truelly believe I stopped a break in an this may have stopped others. Next time I will leave them.

Paul Taylor
👍

Thu 20 Apr 2017, 15:19

Thanks K Harper yes this was reported to the Police and the same wording was used to discribe the accents the Police had no problem with that I also have photos which back up the story but I may have to photoshop them so they don't upset any one. I truelly believe I stopped a break in an this may have stopped others. Next time I will leave them.

K Harper
👍

Thu 20 Apr 2017, 12:13

I feel sad that Paul has been pulled up; it seems like this is over enthusiastic political correctness since travellers do have a distinct accent unique to them. Had the lads in question had heavy Australian accents would that also be something that Paul should not have reported. Had Paul been reporting this incident to the police would it or would not have been appropriate for him to describe the accents of the lads involved? Just wondering??!!

Suzy M-H
👍

Thu 20 Apr 2017, 09:04

Thanks Richard. Didn't even notice anything wrong with spelling, Paul.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Wed 19 Apr 2017, 20:58

Paul, no one is taking the mickey out of your spelling and grammar, but it's generally accepted these days that referring to "travellers" as an ne'er-do-well group is unnecessarily offensive to a part of society who are entitled to their way of life and who have just made different choices to the rest of us. I'm sure no offence was meant on either part and thank you for looking out for the Canoe Club.

Paul Taylor
👍

Wed 19 Apr 2017, 20:18

Sounded like Travellers as I have said on other post I am dyslexic please feel free to pull me up on my spelling and take the Micky. I was looking after the interests of the Canoe club but Suzy wants to pull me on my spelling I am a person that works with my hand I am 52 I have worked hard at my diction over the years but I am not worried if Suzy thinks she above me then carry on. The post was to make people aware of some lads 20/25 ish that I believe my have been up to no good not to make every one aware of my spelling and grammer .

Suzy M-H
👍

Wed 19 Apr 2017, 19:29

"Sound like travellers"?

Paul Taylor
👍

Tue 18 Apr 2017, 18:01

About 5 o'clock today walking my dog down watery lane and into Mill field I heard a car racing down watery lane and parked by Canoe club the 2 lads drinking bottles of larger looked suspect so I said you won't have a problem with me taking a photo to which I was theatened and verbally aboused. The 2 lads sound like travellers drove off at speed when I raised my phone to my ear it has been reported I am sorry if you know the lads and they weren't up to no good better safe than sorry. The car was a turquoise Peugeot 206/106 hatch reg number Ending last letters CJM.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.