Salt Way off-roader use?

Susie Burnett
👍

Wed 29 Mar 2017, 22:11

I saw a motorbike on the stretch of path heading towards the Woodstock Road from Salt Way when I was running on a recent weekend.

James Styring
👍

Wed 29 Mar 2017, 12:37

Three motocross bikes roared up Hundley Way a few weeks ago. I dunno if they turned left or right at the top of Hundley Way, but they would have gone along the Salt Way either way.
There are always deep ruts from 4x4s along the Salt Way between Ditchley Rd and the Woodstock Rd, horrible for cycling over when muddy and when dried.

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍

Tue 28 Mar 2017, 14:38

Hello Sue, I've walked along it several times in the past couple of weeks. There have been some farm vehicles and support vehicles down there as they have been muck spreading and seed planting in the past week or so, it could have been just those. I've not seen anything else going along there.

Sue Normand
👍

Sun 26 Mar 2017, 20:40

I walked this route yesterday towards Stonesfield and its been churned in places by what look like off-road vehicles right through to the Woodstock road. This was a problem in the past but not in the last couple of years.. if anyone sees a 4x4 off road vehicle using the track you might want to suggest its not for their use??!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.