Spendlove parking.

vicky burton
👍

Fri 3 Mar 2017, 22:41

Limit the maximum stay then. It's no good just asking people not to park there all day surely? You can take photos of vehicles that overstay and get fined
(The point is; by NOT providing a place for workers to smoke on-site,you gain space for builder's parking)

Michael Taylor
👍

Fri 3 Mar 2017, 21:34

We seem to be moving away from the original topic here. Whether the workmen are smokers or not is irrelevant. They are here to do a job of work, building something for the people of Charlbury.
I have seen cars arriving as early as six a.m. and the drivers disappearing in the general direction of the railway station. Surely these are the people who we should be asking to not park at the Spendlove Centre?

vicky burton
👍

Fri 3 Mar 2017, 20:58

The Act does not compel any employer to designate a smoking area. The idea is to prevent smoking after all Jim.

Jim Holah
👍

Fri 3 Mar 2017, 20:03

perhaps its this Bill.....https://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld200304/ldbills/042/04042.1-4.html

vicky burton
👍

Fri 3 Mar 2017, 19:11

James what makes you think "by law you must provide a designated smoking area"? This is nonsense!

Pearl Manners
👍

Fri 3 Mar 2017, 16:12 (last edited on Fri 3 Mar 2017, 16:13)

Well you can't say fairer than that James. Good point.

JAMES BATTY
👍

Fri 3 Mar 2017, 13:56

Hi Jean

We have to use our space correctly, and by law we have to provide a smoking area, long gone are the days where you could smoke all over the site. I note a lot of people park at Spendlove and walk away all day, at least if we had to, we could move at short notice, other can't.
Kind regards

james.

Jim Holah
👍

Fri 3 Mar 2017, 13:29

I think you'll find that car park is for public use with no restrictions of the type you suggest.

Jean Adams
👍

Fri 3 Mar 2017, 12:25

Designated smoking area? I was laughing so hard that my fractured spine went into Spasm! Very painful. The Spendlove car park is intended for local residents for shopping and local classes, suggest anyone else comes by bus.

JAMES BATTY
👍

Fri 3 Mar 2017, 11:50

Hi jean (sorry about the pun).
we try and minimise the parking in Spendlove (please see my comments in the other forum page) as parking up Enstone Road would restrict it more than it is now. the parking spaces behind our fence are now part of the site area and are not parking spaces, one is used for vehicular access, the other for our designated smoking area. Of course we monitor all of the time, and will continue to do so.
Kind regards James, Snr Site manager BEARD.

Jim Holah
👍

Fri 3 Mar 2017, 11:20

I've alerted the a site Manager to the issue & asked him to respond. Jim

Jean Adams
👍

Fri 3 Mar 2017, 10:51

Some of the construction workers are parking in the car park when their parking spaces behind the barriers are left empty. Can this be resolved?.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.