Chipping Norton Hospital Action Group

Liz Leffman
👍

Mon 6 Mar 2017, 15:24

Trevor, I am slightly surprised to read your most recent comment, as I was copied on an e mail from Clive Hill, the chair of the Action Group, to you, in which he explained that the group is not political, has been going since 2004, and is made up of local people who want to save their hospital. I have been working with them for many years now and can confirm that they are nothing to do with either the NHS or any political party, though there are interested politicians such as me involved (and Tory and Labour too).

Phil Morgan
👍

Mon 6 Mar 2017, 12:13

Trevor, I have to agree with Michael. It does look to me that this is the action of local residents who want to make a point. I don't see any political purpose behind it. I don't believe that a local voluntary group has to have the "legitimacy" that you seek. Campaigning on issues is a long-standing community right.

Trevor Taylor
👍

Sun 5 Mar 2017, 10:00

Michael,

I think that is what you were meant to believe and indeed that may be the case. However, until one knows the history, make-up, funding and details of the constitution of a group I think it prudent to be cautious and make no assumptions.

Michael Butler 16
👍

Sat 4 Mar 2017, 22:53

Maybe they just care about how this country...NHS is being run?? That's what they look like to me anyway. Splitting hairs Trevor?

Trevor Taylor
👍

Wed 1 Mar 2017, 13:55

Claire,

I have now been given an email address and currently awaiting a reply.

Thanks for your help.
Trevor.

Claire Wilding
👍

Wed 1 Mar 2017, 12:25

Trevor i think i had a leaflet recently which gave a contact email, I will see if i can find it. They have an open page on Facebook, it doesn't tell you much but may be another way of contacting them.

Trevor Taylor
👍

Tue 28 Feb 2017, 20:50

Susie,

Thanks. I'll do that.

Trevor.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Tue 28 Feb 2017, 20:12

Perhaps contact the Town Clerk who would be able to give you contact details?

Trevor Taylor
👍

Tue 28 Feb 2017, 19:24

Susie,

Thanks. I had seen that but it raises more questions than it answers. How is the group constituted? What legal status does it have? How does one contact the group?

Trevor.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Tue 28 Feb 2017, 18:14

It is listed on the Chipping Norton Town Council website, www.chippingnortontowncouncil.co.uk/hospital-action-group/

Trevor Taylor
👍

Tue 28 Feb 2017, 17:04

In today's post I have received an A4 flyer lobbying against future plans for the Chipping Norton Hospital which, the leaflet claims, is "Under threat". The leaflet comes from something called 'The Chipping Norton Hospital Action Group' but there's no contact information for this group nor any indication of its legitimacy or who is behind it. An internet search reveals someone called Clive Hill is it's spokesman but again there's no explanation as to the origins or status of the group. Is this a lobby coy about its political affiliations? What authority does it have to speak for local people? Why is there no contact details or explanation of its origins?

Can anyone shed any light on this group and who is behind it?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.