Where's Best For Feeding Ducks.

Cheryl Hanrahan
👍

Wed 22 Feb 2017, 21:28

Thanks everyone for all the messages and suggestions. I'll look into them all. I used to keep poultry years ago so knew not to feed bread. Can't wait to see my daughters little face!

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Wed 22 Feb 2017, 16:57

Grow some kale as well in your garden; ducks love that, and if it's just for ducks it doesn't matter how good it looks.
Mind you, if you can get used to the very strong taste it is very good to eat and good for you as well.
Clever birds, ducks!

James Styring
👍

Wed 22 Feb 2017, 16:05

This place is quite close: www.waterfowlsanctuary.co.uk/ (20 mins). It's a bit run down but FULL of ducks and you can cuddle the baby ones too. Quite cheap, no cafe, picnic benches. My son loved it.

vicky burton
👍

Wed 22 Feb 2017, 14:38

Oats, rice (cooked rice floats better) and lettuce.

Paul Taylor
👍

Wed 22 Feb 2017, 10:58

Don't feed them bread its bad for them

stephen cavell
👍

Wed 22 Feb 2017, 10:56

Are you aware that current advice is that bread is NOT the best food for ducks. The Canal and River Trust website will advise you of the best food to give them. Simply google CRT or just 'feeding ducks'

Simon Tibbitts
👍

Wed 22 Feb 2017, 10:11

Option1) In Woodstock opposite the Black Prince pub. Go through the gate just into the Blenheim estate (public footpath - no need to pay) and you will find every type of water foul you need. If you have the Blenheim pass then you can also walk to this spot from their carpark.

Option2) In Witney park in Waitrose but walk the opposite direction to the shops, over the crossing towards Cogges and there are two bridges there that have lots of hungry ducks

Valou Pakenham-Walsh
👍

Wed 22 Feb 2017, 10:09

Bleinheim Palace and Minster Lovell also spring to mind

Pearl Manners
👍

Wed 22 Feb 2017, 09:56

Burford car park where river runs through is ideal, my grandchildren used love it there.

Kate Smith
👍

Wed 22 Feb 2017, 09:45

Hincksey Park in Oxford, or else Bourton on the Water which is like an inland beach: both were good several years ago when my children were small enough to enjoy duck-feeding!

Diana Limburg
👍

Wed 22 Feb 2017, 09:19

Stow-on-the Wold is good for ducks! Not really around here perhaps, but the nearest I can think of.

Cheryl Hanrahan
👍

Wed 22 Feb 2017, 08:20

I have a 20 month old daughter obsessed with ducks. Is there anywhere around here we can walk to to feed some?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.