IT advice please.

Hannen Beith
👍

Wed 22 Feb 2017, 09:12

Thanks again Stephen and Peter. I phoned BT and a new router is arriving next week FOC!

Hannen Beith
👍

Mon 13 Feb 2017, 16:19

Thank you both. I think it's about 5 or 6 years old.

stephen cavell
👍

Mon 13 Feb 2017, 15:40

Our provider has also changed our router at no cost. Simply phoned them and it arrived a few days later. Provider at the time was AOL - now talk-talk.

Peter Kenrick
👍

Mon 13 Feb 2017, 13:04

Hannen. Have you had the BT Home Hub for a long time? If so it may need to be replaced with a newer model - I know of other people who have had this kind of problem with old Home Hubs. Assuming you are still a customer of BT for your broadband, they should provide you with a replacement free of charge if you report the problem to them.

Hannen Beith
👍

Mon 13 Feb 2017, 12:11

I think we are having problems with our BT Home Hub. Wi fi and broadband dropping 2 or 3 times a day. I've tried to diagnose the modem router but can't see anything obvious. So thinking of buying a new modem/router, but don't want to shell out the dosh when the problem might be somewhere else. Any ideas? Thank you.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.