The Bell is back!

Tony H Merry
👍

Fri 23 Jun 2017, 18:49

Once more very satisfied with our meal last night.
A good selection of meals at reasonable prices and friendly efficient service. Lovely to be able to sit out at the back before the meal and to be able to walk home again afterwards.
I really recommend it and a great asset for the Town - well done everyone at the Bell

Liz Puttick
👍

Thu 22 Jun 2017, 21:08

Food was fine, except no concessions to the season (hopefully still summer...)

jessica youngson
👍

Sun 18 Jun 2017, 21:27

My family and I had a fantastic meal there today. Thank you Luke and Leanne for going that extra mile to accommodate us.
The roast dinner was amazing! It is lovely to have a pub in Charlbury again that serves good food.

Liz Hutchings
👍

Sun 18 Jun 2017, 15:20

We went a couple of weeks ago and had great service and a lovely meal. Our daughter and son-in-law stayed at the Bell last weekend, and also enjoyed great meals and hospitality.

chris emsden
👍

Sun 18 Jun 2017, 10:47

We went to The Bell yesterday, 1st time for a long time to be honest but it has had some dodgy Landlords etc in the last few years, which is a great shame as if run properly it has everything going for it. We will definately be going back, the Steak & Stilton pie I had was lovely, just enough Stilton to taste & nice pieces of meat, my wife's Beer battered Cod was perfect, & my sons Burger was great value, even down to the salad/dressing, nice puddings too, we would highly recommend you give it a try. Very friendly/helpful staff, The Bell has great history/tradition in Charlbury & as I come from an old Charlbury family we would love to see it being a success again. Very well done to Luke & all his staff etc.

The Bell Inn Charlbury
👍

Tue 2 May 2017, 22:57

It is so fantastic to hear back from everyone, that the hard work we are putting in to make The Bell a better place to be is finally paying off. Thank you all very much. Hopefully see you again soon.

Thanks

Luke

Tony H Merry
👍

Tue 2 May 2017, 18:14

Had dinner at the Bell last night and it was really good at a reasonable price so would recommend it to anyone in Charlbury looking for a good meal
Service was good and prompt so will certainly be going back again

Pearl Manners
👍

Sun 23 Apr 2017, 15:40

We have not long been back from the Bell and had the most delicious roast dinner possible. Compliments to the chef it was just amazing and the presentation and service was truly commendable,thank you so much. It was busy and happy place to be and a very relaxed atmosphere. Well done we will be back .

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Mon 10 Apr 2017, 11:00

Had a lovely meal yesterday at the Bell. So glad the old dining room is now back!

Philip Ambrose
👍

Sun 19 Mar 2017, 17:37

Two supper visits there in consecutive weeks last month suggest that The Bell is indeed on the way back up under its new management who are working hard to put it back where it should be as a venue to go to rather than avoid.

Gillian Grason
👍

Sat 18 Mar 2017, 22:15

Thank you for a lovely family meal for John's birthday. Truly memorable!

Miriam Evans
👍

Wed 15 Mar 2017, 09:41

A really lovely meal on Saturday the 11th March, Thank you.

Louise Cashman
👍

Tue 14 Mar 2017, 09:11 (last edited on Tue 14 Mar 2017, 09:11)

The Bell have always been very accommodating with our Yack & Yarn group which meets there regularly, despite our numbers, noise and quantity of baggage we bring along (!) fluctuating with each meeting. The Bell had pushed together two big tables for our group to sit around at our last meeting in March which worked brilliantly.

Anthony Horn
👍

Thu 9 Mar 2017, 20:38

Just returned from the Bell where we had a really lovely meal, so pleased to see it so busy again! Keep it up.

The Bell Inn Charlbury
👍

Mon 6 Mar 2017, 11:36

Hi all.
Just to let every one know, we are taking bookings for mothers day and Easter so if your looking to treat your mother to a beautiful lunch or just celebrate Easter in style, call us on 01608 810 278

The Bell Inn Charlbury
👍

Wed 1 Feb 2017, 19:14

Hi Lenore
So happy you enjoyed your self on Sunday. Hopefully see you again soon.

Lee Belcher
👍

Wed 1 Feb 2017, 11:14

My friend and I had an excellent lunch on Sunday. I had pork which was the most tender and tasty I've had 'out' for a very long time. I tasted my friends chips and they were superbly crispy on the outside and soft in the middle..

Philip Ambrose
👍

Tue 31 Jan 2017, 12:30

Paul,
Did you miss out the letter o or the word up? !!!

The Bell Inn Charlbury
👍

Mon 30 Jan 2017, 18:02

Hello Paul

Unfortunately at the minute our breakfast service is only for bookings of the hotel. However once I am fully staffed up, I will be putting a breakfast menu up for everyone to come and enjoy. So, Keep an eye out and an ear to the ground for when this happens ( hopefully for the summer )

Paul Taylor
👍

Mon 30 Jan 2017, 17:00

What times at a weekend for Breakfast as they always tastes better cocked by someone else.

The Bell Inn Charlbury
👍

Sun 29 Jan 2017, 10:57

Thank you all very much.
We at The Bell are all so happy you enjoyed your time here. It makes the hard work worth wile.
Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Angus B
👍

Sat 28 Jan 2017, 16:10

I've enjoyed breakfast and lunch there and would recommend it: service a wee bit on the slow side, but very friendly and helpful staff. The pork chop I chose was tender and flavoursome.

Helen Holwill
👍

Sat 28 Jan 2017, 11:36

Yes, I agree. They are very helpful and the couple of meals I've had there recently have been great.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Fri 27 Jan 2017, 22:52

We went for Sunday lunch at the end of last year and great value for money! And so delicious! Thoroughly recommend as well.

Judith Haynes
👍

Fri 27 Jan 2017, 21:53

Just had a really good meal at The Bell. It's great to see this lovely old pub return to what it used to be. The menu has a good range of well cooked pub food at reasonable prices. It was quite busy and the atmosphere was good. The young couple who are running it were really pleasant and keen to make a good go of it. I would really recommend giving it a try.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.