Community Centre drone footage

Tony H Merry
👍

Sun 22 Jan 2017, 21:32

That will be the Beer Festival then - can't wait

Angus B
👍

Sun 22 Jan 2017, 20:34

Can't wait for the free-roaming beers down by the station....

russell robson
👍

Sun 22 Jan 2017, 18:11

What a fantastic use. If it should every need a change of use we could have our own herd of white elephants and pink giraffes in there. I'd volunteer to be the keeper of the Charlbury Wildlfe Park. They could graze Nine Acres and the TC could save on the grounds maintenance. We could have free roaming beers and wolves down by the station keeping the illegal parkers at bay. However I feel it is unlikely that the centre will suffer from lack of hirers or users given all the displaced use presently going on in Witney and Chippy by Charlbury residents

Marjorie Glasgow
👍

Sun 22 Jan 2017, 16:40

Yes, Graham, there is extensive information about plans which The Thomas Gifford Trust will again present to the town at our annual meeting (in the next few months). In the meantime, we'd be happy to give you a brief update if you contact me to arrange - mglasgow@theridgegroup.com

Graham Chamberlain
👍

Sun 22 Jan 2017, 16:02

While it is interesting to see a bird's eye view of the new building, is there a publicly available plan of the building's interior with information about the intended use of the various areas?

Paul Taylor
👍

Sun 22 Jan 2017, 15:20

With a building of this size would have thought there would have been room to have a sports and social club room. It will be interesting to see if this will used fully or a white elephant

Mark Sulik
👍

Sun 22 Jan 2017, 14:36

How negative to comment on just the steel frame !

PAUL R JACKSON
👍

Thu 19 Jan 2017, 19:13

When it's finished I'm sure it will look amazing, there are both positives and negatives regards the new center.
But I truly believe it will be one of the best things to have happened to our town in my 44 years.
Thanks to all involved.

Tony Morgan
👍

Thu 19 Jan 2017, 13:56

Not sure the football club, cricket club, tennis club etc etc would agree with that!

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Thu 19 Jan 2017, 13:41

It would make a great multi-storey car park, all of the towns parking trouble sorted much better :-)

Tony Morgan
👍

Thu 19 Jan 2017, 12:11

Maybe those complaining would like to get together & raise £2m for the type of charlbury facility that they support

Heather Williams
👍

Thu 19 Jan 2017, 11:20

James, don't get me wrong I like glass and steel, I would love to be able to build my own. Not sure if Charlbury is ready for it though, would be nice to see some contemporary designs going up!

James Styring
👍

Thu 19 Jan 2017, 10:44

As an agricultural building it fits right in round there then!
I agree with Russell. It's the 21st century and these amazing materials - glass and steel - are now available to architects and builders.

Heather Williams
👍

Thu 19 Jan 2017, 10:35

I agree Stephen, a bit like an Agricultural Building and much taller than envisaged as the ground there is higher than the Spendlove Offices.

russell robson
👍

Thu 19 Jan 2017, 10:11

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The benefits are the opportunities it brings to the community. It also might be time to consider faux cotswold pastiche is not necessarily the best design for 21st century development in the future.

stephen cavell
👍

Thu 19 Jan 2017, 07:33

Not a thing of beauty. No architectoral awardsto be won here.

russell robson
👍

Wed 18 Jan 2017, 20:24

Good to see how empty the car park is!

Pearl Manners
👍

Wed 18 Jan 2017, 15:49

That's brilliant James, it looks huge doesn't it...... I don't have a Twitter account but was able see it straight away.

James Styring
👍

Wed 18 Jan 2017, 14:35

Someone sent me this on Twitter - drone footage of the building work at the Community Centre taken last week by the looks of it. Dunno if you have to have a Twitter account to view it, but here's the link. goo.gl/TP7OKi

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.