Wilderness 2017

Paul Taylor
👍

Wed 18 Jan 2017, 06:07 (last edited on Wed 18 Jan 2017, 06:16)

Just keep it down after 11 Sunday night quite simple. Thanks

Craig Richardson
👍

Tue 17 Jan 2017, 22:35

Last year my school age son and I heard Sir Martin Rees discuss the future, with many hundreds of fellow young people. Rees is known in the academic world for many reasons, confirming the existence of black holes, or in the public realm, leading the way in the public understanding of science. The talking and laughing made a lot of noise in the tent, as well as the clapping following his talk. I felt privileged to have been there and very proud to be a resident during such a discussion. Later that day I bumped into John Harris, the Guardian journalist. John is well-known for his music journalism but has recently been travelling around the uk trying to figure out how inequality is effecting everything. I told him about Sir Martin's talk.

We should be talking about Wilderness as a type of educational as well as cultural experience. If it keeps you awake for one or two nights then you deserve everyone's apologies. But earplugs are cheap. meanwhile I really want to hear another year's speakers, as well as music that I've not had the chance to hear. It has kept me awake for weeks, thinking about the implications of the speaker's comments and thinking about the joy of music. We are lucky to have it here, long may it reign.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.