Website photos (Admin discussions)

Trevor Taylor
👍

Wed 15 Mar 2017, 18:27

Susie,

I don't think that's always the case. For instance a landscape photo of a Sony loudspeaker system is shown up-side-down in the Adverts section.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Wed 15 Mar 2017, 15:19

If you take your photos landscape then they will end up the correct way round

Trevor Taylor
👍

Tue 7 Feb 2017, 05:22

Richard, thanks for the explanation and for the neck muscle exercises. Sounds like the excellent website is about to get even better. Trevor.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Wed 1 Feb 2017, 21:25

Sorry for delay in responding - hadn't spotted this!

Yes, there is, and it'll be fixed when I finally finish the work on the new backend for the website. The old website code is rather creaking and bolting more things on it isn't the wisest of plans, but the new one is almost finished (famous last words) and photo orientation is one of the changes in it. Hopefully later this spring.

(In the meantime, I like to think it's good neck muscle exercise for those of us who spend too long in front of a computer...)

Trevor Taylor
👍

Tue 17 Jan 2017, 18:37

I suspect there's no simply remedy for this because if there was it would have been done by now, but is there anything that can be done to ensure photos on this website are displayed the right way? Portrait format shots frequently appear as landscape photos, some rotated clockwise, others anticlockwise. I assume orientation is a function of the software and without manual intervention random placing takes place. It's a shame because it spoils an otherwise excellent site.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.