Charlbury Medical Centre website warning - trojan virus

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Mon 2 Jan 2017, 11:30

Looking at the page source, the unwelcome intruder seems to have been removed now.

Alex Flynn
👍

Sun 1 Jan 2017, 21:55

When did you last upgrade your computer's operating system/Security software Miranda?

Alex Flynn
👍

Sun 1 Jan 2017, 21:52

No issues here

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Thu 29 Dec 2016, 11:57

I've had a bit of a closer look at the HTML source code of the site and there is definitely something there that shouldn't be (for those of a technical bent, look at the script tag from a .es domain). I'm very happy to help the Medical Centre sort it out if needed. In the meantime, I'd suggest that those with Windows computers or Android phones don't access the site for now (Macs, iPhones and Linux computers are probably ok).

Geoff Belcher
👍

Thu 29 Dec 2016, 11:28

still ok here, no problems, I use avg security

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Thu 29 Dec 2016, 11:22

It may well depend on the Virus Checker that you use Miranda, and don't forget that a trojan is not quite the same thing as a virus, therefore some antivirus suites, particularly, as I understand it, the free ones, may not pick up trojans.
Not too worried personally; I use a Linux operating system.

Miranda Higham
👍

Thu 29 Dec 2016, 08:25 (last edited on Mon 3 Feb 2020, 13:28)

Geoff Belcher
👍

Wed 28 Dec 2016, 22:37

just signed in, all seemed ok

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Wed 28 Dec 2016, 22:10

Interesting Peter!
I notice that the bookmark I have saved in my browser is already that link you show and it still works without a problem, perhaps because I saved the login page of the site as bookmark rather than the root of the Charlbury Medical Centre itself.
It's still very disappointing that it has not been dealt with; no doubt Christmas holidays will be the excuse.

Peter Kenrick
👍

Wed 28 Dec 2016, 20:10

I reported this to the surgery about 10 days ago and gave them a printout of my error message so I'm a bit concerned the problem hasn't been resolved yet. You can still get to the patient access system to order repeat prescriptions by using the address patient.emisaccess.co.uk using the same login details

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Wed 28 Dec 2016, 19:03

So what do we need to do now?
Presumably we will all have to wait for the Medical Centre to register a new www.(...).co.uk address and let us all know.
Whatever is needed, thanks for the warning.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Wed 28 Dec 2016, 17:42

(Edited - see above)

Miranda Higham
👍

Wed 28 Dec 2016, 17:04

I have just tried to access the Charlbury Medical Centre website but my antivirus software detected a potential Trojan virus and wouldn't let me go on it.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.