Broadband recommendations

Katie Ewer
👍

Wed 21 Dec 2016, 12:43

I switched to John Lewis recently as they have very good offers on at the moment. Their UK based customer services is very good and the router they provided is better than the BT Hub that I had before with much better range in the house.

Andrew Chapman
👍

Wed 21 Dec 2016, 11:59

Thumbs up for the Phone Coop here, too. (I've had both good and bad experiences with Plusnet.)

Mike Williams
👍

Wed 21 Dec 2016, 11:41

Here's another vote for the Phone Coop which is a national company based in Chipping Norton https://www.thephone.coop/home/. I have business and home accounts with them. They are highly professional and their service is excellent and personal.

Paul Taylor
👍

Wed 21 Dec 2016, 11:23

I am with PlusNet their customer service is shocking yes base in the U.K. But getting through is hard work and they are quite often rude to you but that may be because they are owned by BT saying that once running reliable speeds but you need to check often as they have a habit of putting you on a lower speed than what your paying for after a few weeks.

Stephen Andrews
👍

Wed 21 Dec 2016, 10:15

..and if you want a company even closer to home and recommended try Phonecoop based in Chipping Norton

Mike Summers
👍

Wed 21 Dec 2016, 09:56 (last edited on Wed 21 Dec 2016, 09:57)

What sort of broadband you get is mostly down to the quality of your telephone line - how far from the exchange or cabinet etc. Whoever supplies you with broadband will have the same problem if your line is bad. Some, however are better at responding to problems and this is what really makes the difference. If you use Plusnet then if you do have a problem you will be talking to someone in Sheffield. The conversation will be sensible and not just someone reading off a script. There quality of service is second to none, and their prices are just the same as everone else's. So don't believe claims to give you faster broadband, that is down to your line (unless you want to pay for fibre) Go for someone you can relate to - look at Plusnet.

Lucy Mitchell
👍

Wed 21 Dec 2016, 09:30

Hello,
We've been having constant issues with our Sky broadband for over a year now. Nothing seems to solve the situation, so we're thinking of leaving Sky and starting out with a new supplier. We wondered if anyone had any suggestions with who to move to please? It's not just the poor broadband we've had enough of but also Sky's customer service...engineers never turn up, no call backs when promised etc! Any suggestions would be most gratefully received! Thank you.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.