Oxford Mail piece about the Bull

Naomi Berger
👍

Thu 19 Jan 2017, 08:59

I've heard that the owners of the Bull have recently purchased the Swan at Ascott and they are refurbishing it to open in a few months time. It will be interesting to see how it's changed when they finish.

Hannen Beith
👍

Sun 25 Dec 2016, 13:33

My Wife and I have been there several times in the past few months, sometimes taking friends and relatives. We have never been disappointed.

Lisa Hadfield-Law
👍

Fri 23 Dec 2016, 09:48

We have always had fantastic food and service....my favourite place in the area

Stewart Moss
👍

Thu 22 Dec 2016, 19:55

I've personally eaten numerous times at the Bull in the past 6 months and have found the food very good, and the service excellent, every time

_The Bull Inn
👍

Wed 21 Dec 2016, 13:18

Thank you so much for your kind words and support.

We have posted our christmas opening hours on our website and now in another forum post.

Kindest regards

Tom and the team at The Bull

Tanya Stevenson
👍

Wed 21 Dec 2016, 10:39

Tom, could you let us know about when you are open and closed over the Christmas period? I can't find this information on your website and thought it might be nice to bring my parents down to sit in front of your cosy fire for a few hours at some point and have a drink or two!

Claire Wilding
👍

Tue 20 Dec 2016, 17:30

Thanks Tom for explaining about the food rating, I've always had lovely food when I've been and I think what you have done with the bull is great. So nice to see it full of people. We are very lucky to have 4 pubs in Charlbury all catering for a different crowd.

_The Bull Inn
👍

Tue 20 Dec 2016, 13:48

Dearest Charlbury,
We have put all of our efforts in to turning round our kitchen,that due to an error on our part relating to a vacuum packing machine, received such a poor food safety rating. We have engaged external food safety consultants, Food Alert, to ensure we always meet the high standards we set.

I sincerely hope this hasn't put any of you off and if I can be of any more assistance please don't hesitate to contact me and I will do anything I can to assure you of our high standards and safety.

Kindest regards and Happy Christmas
Tom Stanley
tom@packtaverns.com

Tanya Stevenson
👍

Thu 24 Nov 2016, 11:17

The food's great though. I went there last night - haven't died yet!

Gordon Clemson
👍

Wed 23 Nov 2016, 19:00

I though we were discussing the Bull..... not the Plough, although it appears to need compliance also

Elaine Newbold
👍

Wed 23 Nov 2016, 18:54 (last edited on Wed 23 Nov 2016, 19:00)

The Bull Inn was awarded a Food Hygiene Rating of 2 (Improvement Necessary) by West Oxfordshire District Council on 2nd September, 2016
Hygiene and Safety Poor
Structural Compliance Fair
Confidence in Management Some similar to the Plough at Finstock
The Plough Inn was awarded a Food Hygiene Rating of 2 (Improvement Necessary) by West Oxfordshire District Council on 28th September, 2016

Food Hygiene and Safety Poor
Structural Compliance Poor
Confidence in Management Some

on the good side they did better than the Madeira Fish Bar on the Hailey Road was awarded a Food Hygiene Rating of 1 (Major Improvement Necessary) by West Oxfordshire District Council on 16th September, 2016.

Pearl Manners
👍

Wed 23 Nov 2016, 18:27

Oh dear I do hope so Gordon as we had planned to visit there sometime over Christmas. I had just put it on my FB page as well to see if there would be any comments.

Gordon Clemson
👍

Wed 23 Nov 2016, 18:15

Lets hope that the food hygiene rating has improved from the 2 stars given by the Oxford Mail on Friday 7th September 2016. With Food Hygiene and Safety rated as Poor (Inspected by West Oxfordshire District Council on September 2nd

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Wed 23 Nov 2016, 13:18

A nice first-person piece in the Oxford Mail (or Times, or both) about the Bull: www.oxfordtimes.co.uk/leisure/food/14919873.Charlie_and_Willow_Crossley_on_opening_up_at_The_Bull__Charlbury/ .

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.