Revisions to the West Oxfordshire Local Plan 2031

Christine Battersby
👍

Tue 20 Dec 2016, 17:16 (last edited on Tue 20 Dec 2016, 17:20)

If commenting directly on the 2031 plan, see the other thread about the Development of 40 houses north of Jefferson's Piece. Comments have to be in by 5 p.m. on Friday December 23rd.

Tony H Merry
👍

Tue 22 Nov 2016, 19:24

The plan is the subject of a public exhobitin at Chipping Norton tomorrow from 2.30 to 8
I would encourage people to go along and discus this with the planning team

sharon harris
👍

Mon 21 Nov 2016, 20:43

my daughter catches these buses as finishing college at 2.30 so she needs to wait for the 4.45 when sometimes that one is full and as to wait then to the 5.20 and that one she is standing on it most of the time. quite along time 3 hours to try killing time most days for a 16 year old

James Styring
👍

Sun 20 Nov 2016, 20:59

The Town Council meeting is this Weds 23rd at 7.30pm in the Corner House, is that right, Tony?

Rhona Walker
👍

Fri 18 Nov 2016, 20:26

What's more the 4.45pm bus from Witney to Charlbury this evening was so full that there were 10 people standing! Bigger, more frequent buses needed.

Tony H Merry
👍

Fri 18 Nov 2016, 11:41

OK Thanks Susie
Noted that and will put it into report for Town Council to comment thanks

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Thu 17 Nov 2016, 22:25

Tony - NO!!! In July OCC took away the bus subsidies for the X9 and the Railbus. The Railbus does not exist and the service to Witney and Chippy, which used to be hourly, is no longer this frequent, For instance if you miss the 2.30pm from Witney you will have to wait until 4.45pm! The buses to Oxford were not affected as they were not subsidised.

Elaine Newbold
👍

Thu 17 Nov 2016, 17:29

The bus service to Witney & Chippy are no longer every hour for example one at 14.49 and then 17.04 to chippy

Tony H Merry
👍

Thu 17 Nov 2016, 17:11

Susie the relevant paragraph is
9.6.13 The availability and frequency of bus services is variable. Services through Charlbury are good, with hourly direct services to Woodstock, Oxford, Witney and Chipping Norton. Bus services in Burford are less well developed, although there is a service to Woodstock via Witney and Long Hanborough Station.

Is this not correct?

Tony H Merry
👍

Wed 16 Nov 2016, 18:20

Susie
I will check what is said about buses
As regards developments on the fringes of the town I am proposing an ammendement so that it would read
Developments on the fringes of the Town are unlikely to be permitted
So removing the word significant and I will ask other places within the AONB to see if they would also support this

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Wed 16 Nov 2016, 17:18

The description of Charlbury is now incorrect in stating the number of buses etc. Do any of these people who write these things actually get on the buses? I think that the Town Council need to state that they will not consider any further large (i.e. more than 1) developments until the Neighbourhood Plan is complete.

Christine Battersby
👍

Tue 15 Nov 2016, 07:57 (last edited on Tue 15 Nov 2016, 07:59)

As well as the discussion of Jefferson's Piece noted by James Styring below, there is a map on page 297 of 348 in this document: www.westoxon.gov.uk/media/1504821/Local-Plan-2031-Proposed-Modifications.pdf

There's also further discussion on the adjacent pages, and in
www.westoxon.gov.uk/media/1504775/SA-Addendum-Appendices-I-VI.pdf.

Those who think that the Jefferson's Piece proposal might relieve the pressure on Rushy Bank might like to note that Rushy Bank is listed as an Existing Large Planning Commitment in at least two places in the documentation.

Tony H Merry
👍

Mon 14 Nov 2016, 21:36

James the next full council meeting is on Wednesday 23rd and this is a meeting which the public may attend

James Styring
👍

Mon 14 Nov 2016, 21:27

This is very interesting Christine, thank you.
Forum readers may like to know that the main discussion of the proposed site for 40 houses north of Jefferson's Piece is on pp228-229 of a pdf here: goo.gl/xhmtkt.
Tony: when is the next Town Council meeting?

Tony H Merry
👍

Mon 14 Nov 2016, 20:09

Dear Christine
Thank you for this post and the useful information
The Neighbourhood plan steering g committee are preparing g a list of recommendations on the draft local plan to put to the next Town Council meeting so I would be very pleased to have any comments on the plan so that they ckuldbe incorporated
The discussions on current p!lanning applications shows many have views on this and I would like to hear from them
So please feel free to email me

Christine Battersby
👍

Sun 13 Nov 2016, 13:32

I am not sure how many people know that a draft of modifications to the West Oxfordshire Local Plan 2031 has been published by WODC. There is a 6-week period of consultation from Friday 11 November to Friday 23 December 2016. The website is here: www.westoxon.gov.uk/localplan2031

WODC was obliged to revise the original plan given the Inspector's claim that WODC had underestimated the need for new housing. Insofar as Charlbury is concerned, the revisions seem to me to be significant. You can see (in red) the original phrasing & also the wording that replaces it.

There is also a map of a new proposed housing area on the edge of Charlbury: for 40 houses on land north of Jefferson's Piece. No planning proposals have yet come forward for this land, but it is marked as a site of likely development before 2021.

No doubt the Town Council will consider the proposed changes & let its views be known; but those living near Jefferson's Piece & those who are wondering how to respond to the other planning proposals currently being considered might also want to look through the various documents.

Representations about the proposed changes must be submitted no later than 5pm on Friday 23 December 2016. You'll see on the website how to go about this. It's not possible to object to the original plan -- only to the new wording.

This also affects the Neighbourhood Plan, of course. But I have posted this here since it seems to me to be important.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.