Broadband

Simon Walker
👍

Sat 29 Oct 2016, 20:16

BT's contractors have been working on one of their boxes at the junction of Fishers Lane and Hixet Wood for the past two or three days. I've no idea whether fiddling in this particular box would affect people in other parts of town - we've not had any noticeable broadband downs here in Hixet Wood this week, though.

Kim Sale
👍

Sat 29 Oct 2016, 19:37

I'm in Ditchley and also with BT. Same here too!

G Clarke
👍

Sat 29 Oct 2016, 19:33

We're with BT as well and it has been a bit touch and go at times this week.

Miranda Higham
👍

Sat 29 Oct 2016, 19:16

We have also had the same problem as you Hannen. We are with BT and also thought it was a possible fault with our router. I did the turning it off and on & the reset button. Did get it to work eventually. It happened again this morning when I was trying to get online at 7:30ish.

Hannen Beith
👍

Sat 29 Oct 2016, 09:55

My wi-fi had a wobble a few days ago. I did what Andrew suggested, to no avail. I'm with BT. I was seriously thinking of contacting them with a view to getting a new router. Then it corrected itself. The trouble is, one never knows where in the pipeline the problem lies. It could, for example, be that BT are fiddling about with one of their boxes. I think there is a website somewhere which shows where and when they are doing this. I dread seeing the Openreach van by our BT box at Fiveways!

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Thu 27 Oct 2016, 22:35

Who is your ISP? No problems here using EE for fibre broadband, which regularly gives me about 37Mb/s download speed (and nearly 10Mb/s upload), plenty for the smart TV and catch-up services, and pretty good, as the plan I pay for is for a maximum of 38Mb/s. What do you get if you go to www.speedtest.net?
Have you tried resetting your router? Turn it off completely for about 10 minutes, ie, remove the mains supply for it, then plug it back in.
Any better?

Anne Miller
👍

Thu 27 Oct 2016, 21:48

Is it just me or has the broadband reception/ delivery just got a whole lot worse?
I am not particularly tech savvy and maybe am missing something that others have already done to ensure they have access to fast broadband, but my 'smartTV'/ I-player has become unwatchable lately. Anyone got any ideas what is going on?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.