Apple Time - looking for lots again

Peter Bridgman
👍

Wed 14 Sep 2016, 09:12

As last year, my Golden Delicious tree is groaning with fruit, and you are welcome to most of it,. Remember it does not ripen until late Oct or Nov. I also have fruit on my Gala and Fiesta trees, which should be ripe in early October, or end Sept.In exchange I hope to get some nice cookers!!

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Wed 14 Sep 2016, 09:05

Lots here on the ground and in the tree.

Miles Walkden
👍

Wed 14 Sep 2016, 08:39

Whole tree full here on Sturt road. Msg me for details.

Tony H Merry
👍

Tue 13 Sep 2016, 17:33

It that time of year and I am eager to make cider again but have no apples.

So If you have any apples I could collect please let me know
If they are in good condition (eaters or cookers) then they will be passed onto Christine Elliot for her big apple takeaways but if they are windfalls or very blemished/ bitten then they are still fine for cider making. even crab apples are useful as they add tannin for flavour.
If you have a taste for cider but do not want to make it then I am happy to do an apple/cider exchange although you would have to be patient as it takes a year to mature.
Both Christine and I give cider to the Wychwood Project and other causes to raise money
So please get in touch if you have unwanted apples

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.