How is Nine Acres Lane handling the lack of speed bumps?

Igor Goldkind
👍

Fri 30 Mar 2007, 15:42

John:
Think of it as evolution in action!

You mean in comparison to Ivan's comments?

I had never considered devolution actually occurring in nature until now.

junglejoo
👍

Fri 30 Mar 2007, 13:39

I drove passed a white van which was blocking half the road off which i thought was a bit off and inconsiderate of the driver... as you do! But somone who i work with was visiting his parents a few doors away and said somthing today about the van just decided on its own to roll over the road and into a car, I was just wondering if anyone could confirm this or tell me more?

david t walton
👍

Fri 30 Mar 2007, 13:28

So... what DID happen to the van on Nine Acres the other day? I'm intrigued.

mandy
👍

Fri 30 Mar 2007, 13:13

thats old its aready been said but then the car should slow down outside the scout hut if they see children coming out of there.

John Kearsey
👍

Fri 30 Mar 2007, 12:54

In response to the following...

Why can't those pesky pedestrian children coming out of the Scout Hut or coming back from the playground just learn how to dodge speeding drivers?

Think of it as evolution in action!

junglejoo
👍

Fri 30 Mar 2007, 10:02

Anyone know what happened to the van on nine acres the other day?

ivan krechov
👍

Thu 29 Mar 2007, 22:24

sorry julian i thought you were a female.

Julie Negus
👍

Thu 29 Mar 2007, 21:14

It works ok from here.
What has being a geezer got to do with anything?

ivan krechov
👍

Thu 29 Mar 2007, 20:11

the web site does not exist. are you a geezer julie n

ivan krechov
👍

Thu 29 Mar 2007, 19:45

julie n what does no coment mean

Julie Negus
👍

Thu 29 Mar 2007, 19:23

http://www.nigelcoldwell.co.uk/test/speeding.wmv

No Comment!!!

ivan krechov
👍

Thu 29 Mar 2007, 18:51

igor if you are so against the driving of motor vehicles i think you you should hand back your driving license to the dvla. then lay down in the road outside the scout hut as a traffic calming measure. i think you would make a great speed hump.

ivan krechov
👍

Thu 29 Mar 2007, 18:51

igor if you are so against the driving of motor vehicles i think you you should hand back your driving license to the dvla. then lay down in the road outside the scout hut as a traffic calming measure. i think you would make a great speed hump.

Igor Goldkind
👍

Thu 29 Mar 2007, 15:42

Theirs!

Take a look at this link
www.saferoutestoschools.org.uk/

mandy
👍

Thu 29 Mar 2007, 13:28

what me or all car drivers.

Igor Goldkind
👍

Thu 29 Mar 2007, 11:34

What you need to change is the attitude.

mandy
👍

Wed 28 Mar 2007, 16:38

i do have children and i have crossed that road with them and also before i had children its always been a fast road and no matter what they put in to slow traffic someone will always find a way round it.

Igor Goldkind
👍

Wed 28 Mar 2007, 13:19

Why can't those pesky pedestrian children coming out of the Scout Hut or coming back from the playground just learn how to dodge speeding drivers?

Dodging speeding traffic should be a health and safety requirement.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Wed 28 Mar 2007, 09:36

People are now driving at 50mph in the correct lanes rather than 50mph down the middle of the road. I suppose that's an improvement.

marie
👍

Wed 28 Mar 2007, 08:45

Mandy,
I think if you have children who have to cross this road you would disagree! They may have gone inbetween but they had to slow down!

mandy
👍

Wed 28 Mar 2007, 08:12

i have to agree with john it is a lot better as people just went between the bumps any way.

marie
👍

Wed 28 Mar 2007, 07:02

Hello David,
Hope you are well,I have to disagree with John,I think it's turned very Dangerous for Children crossing near the Scout hut,Atleast when BUMPs were there drivers had to use their brakes.

john h
👍

Tue 27 Mar 2007, 22:52

Dave

Best thing that has happend to this part of Charlbury

david t walton
👍

Tue 27 Mar 2007, 14:33

As an occasional visitor to this beautiful part of the world I was wondering if the removal of the speed humps has been benificial or not.Is it a proving ground for nearby Renault F1 or has it reverted back to a "normal" ring road with reasonable speeds?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.