Will OCC ever learn?

Pearl Manners
👍

Fri 5 Aug 2016, 18:24

It really is terrible situation Hannen Yesterday my eldery sister had to attend JR after a fall , it took over 2hrs for Ambulance to come and pick her up, and now today she is currently on her way back in Ambulance having left at 4 and still not home. Must be extremely frustrating to say least for everyone involved.

Hannen Beith
👍

Fri 5 Aug 2016, 17:27

Anthony, I agree! Yesterday evening, one of my elderly neighbours had a nasty fall inside her house and I popped round to pick her up and called an ambulance. To their credit, the ambulance arrived in under 10 minutes (from Witney, I think). But I had to become not only a first aider, but a road marshall, holding up my hand to make a break in the queue of cars coming from Grammar School Hill towards Fiveways so that the ambulance could park outside my neighbour's house.
Really, does no-one think about the impact of traffic on these occasions?

Katie Ewer
👍

Fri 5 Aug 2016, 10:32

This morning the traffic was queuing from Blenheim back to the A34 at Peartree! With people arriving for Wilderness too, this is going to make getting home this evening very interesting.

Steven Fairhurst Jones
👍

Thu 4 Aug 2016, 13:44 (last edited on Thu 4 Aug 2016, 13:58)

It could also make life more hazardous for cyclists who use those quieter back-roads to avoid traffic. Drive safely everyone!

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Thu 4 Aug 2016, 13:17

Yes, Countryfile Live at Blenheim is making everything pretty chaotic - the A44 was jammed pretty much solid between Kiddington and Peartree when I went out this morning, and the A34 northbound carriageway was tailing back as far as Abingdon North as a result.

Anthony Horn
👍

Thu 4 Aug 2016, 12:13

It is clear that OCC haven't got a clue when it comes to traffic management and large events. Just returned from Kiddlington and the queue into Blenheim tails back to at least Yarnton, and the A44 is solid from the Duke of Marlborough back to Radford as there is no traffic control at the DOM junction. It's only going to get worse with Wilderness traffic added. Stick to the back roads if you want to get anywhere!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.