B4437

Philip Ambrose
👍

Mon 15 Aug 2016, 11:31

Having a 7.5 tonne limit on the bridge is no bad thing, but why is it needed? Was the bridge rebuilt to an inferior standard after the 2007 floods?

Mark Sulik
👍

Wed 10 Aug 2016, 21:01

Well done John H - but I don't think it will ever change until someone from the Town council starts the ball rolling here and take it seriously - I have posted at least 4 times on this subject - perhaps a " new topic " needs starting at least to record the fact - then, when the bridge is closed or it has collapsed it may get a bit more attention - the consequences of the bridge being closed really need thinking about -

john h
👍

Wed 10 Aug 2016, 20:36

Two hgvs stuck on Bull Corner last evening,made for an interesting few minutes!! and a hgv going over the station rd river bridge this morning,pointed it out to the driver, some anglo saxon reply!!,they are still out there.

Hannen Beith
👍

Wed 10 Aug 2016, 19:14

Came back along the B4437 this evening about 4.45 pm. No problem apart from a couple of plastic things blocking off half the road. Difficult to see what they are doing but there is a mini digger there and chunks taken out of the verges on the side. Culverts? I hope it's all over by Friday. More information from OCC would be helpful. At least I didn't encounter any HGVs removing stuff from Wilderness. Don't know which route they are taking.

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Tue 9 Aug 2016, 16:11

If you come from witney, there's a sign at the junction saying the Woodstock rd is closed, there's none on the charlbury side. Guess they forgot to put a sign out

Hannen Beith
👍

Tue 9 Aug 2016, 13:30

There were no diversion signs earlier - I don't know if there are now. Also, anyone trying to go Fawler/Stonesfield will have the pleasure of sharing the roads/lanes with Wilderness HGVs.

Hannen Beith
👍

Tue 9 Aug 2016, 13:09

Yes Christine it is. A colleague got half way along it and then had to turn back.

Christine Battersby
👍

Tue 9 Aug 2016, 10:23

Does anyone know if the road to Woodstock is closed today?

Hannen Beith
👍

Thu 4 Aug 2016, 10:34

Thanks Stephen. I think I'll go Fawler/Stonesfield.

Stephen Andrews
👍

Wed 3 Aug 2016, 18:23

I have to leave early on the 9th, so I made a call this morning. I was told the A44 will be accessible from Charlbury by travelling via Falwer to Stonefield and then onto the Blenheim gate. Enstone is always another more straightforward option.

Pearl Manners
👍

Wed 3 Aug 2016, 14:11 (last edited on Wed 3 Aug 2016, 14:24)

It just says that section 'closed for multiple items near this location' on the map in oxfordshire.roadworks.org/ also says closed all time during that period. Mind you quite often they say that but then change their minds I suppose it depends how well they get on with job.

Hannen Beith
👍

Wed 3 Aug 2016, 13:40

Does anyone know why this road is being closed again? I think it is from 9 August for 5 days. Will it be completely closed? Will we have to access the A44 via the Enstone Road? Thanks.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.