Great Western Trains behaving themselves this week?

Angus B
👍

Fri 5 Aug 2016, 08:26 (last edited on Fri 5 Aug 2016, 10:17)

Alex F, in response to your request at 21.27 on the 3rd August: they aren't.

Alex Flynn
👍

Wed 3 Aug 2016, 23:31

Nick Millen, to repeat myself: "Taxis had to be laid on and the people I shared the taxi with (a couple of day trippers and a tradesman coming down to work at Wilderness) had absolutely no advance warning of what they had come up against." I was only referring to only being aware of published timetable changes relatively last minute. I was more concerned that visitors were blissfully unaware. Nothing more. Nothing less!

Alex Flynn
👍

Wed 3 Aug 2016, 21:27

Angus B, I have that leaflet and saw the website. Please can you tell me which page that the timetable changes are advertised.

Angus B
👍

Wed 3 Aug 2016, 09:48

I agree with you, Nick; how anyone who uses the trains can've missed all the publicity I don't know. I am by no means a regular user but I picked up a leaflet in, I think, April.

Nick Millea
👍

Wed 3 Aug 2016, 08:51

In fairness to GWR, they did announce this closure months ago, and there has been lots of detailed information at the station in leaflets and posters, and on their website.

Alex Flynn
👍

Tue 2 Aug 2016, 22:07

I totally agree Maggie

Maggie Watts
👍

Mon 1 Aug 2016, 17:50

I think it was particularly stupid to close the Woodstock road and the train line simultaneously, but forethought is not common in these parts.

Alex Flynn
👍

Mon 1 Aug 2016, 17:43

I don't know whether it was owing to being on holiday for the first 2 weeks of July but I was only actually aware of the actual train timetable changes last week. Another P.R. disaster?

Alex Flynn
👍

Mon 1 Aug 2016, 17:38

Referring to the obvious inconvenience caused by the "rail improvement work" affecting the Charlbury to Oxford train, how are things panning out?

Saturday didn't begin well for me coming from Oxford when both the 19:00 and 20:00 train were cancelled one after the other. Taxis had to be laid on and the people I shared the taxi with (a couple of day trippers and a tradesman coming down to work at Wilderness) had absolutely no advance warning of what they had come up against. C'est la vie I guess!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.