Inconsiderate Parking

mandy
👍

Fri 30 Mar 2007, 13:10

yeh it has but then we need a bit of light hearted chat to keep us all going.

John Kearsey
👍

Fri 30 Mar 2007, 12:52

Got a bit off topic hasn't it?!

mandy
👍

Fri 30 Mar 2007, 10:38

i know who you are mum says you were the baby of the family.

mandy
👍

Thu 29 Mar 2007, 22:12

ok will do will see her tomrrow.

ivan krechov
👍

Thu 29 Mar 2007, 22:11

i used to live by george and i can not reveal my real identity but ask your mum about kathy dennis and heather and i am the other one.

mandy
👍

Thu 29 Mar 2007, 22:03

oh my god your right thats scary how do you know my parents then.

ivan krechov
👍

Thu 29 Mar 2007, 20:52

if your mums name is heather your dads name is tony and you grandads name was george i know who you are and your mum and dad know me.

mandy
👍

Wed 28 Mar 2007, 17:08

my mum lived in charlbury for many years and has only ever known it as the railway arms.

Natasha Merriman
👍

Sun 18 Mar 2007, 01:45

I think it was The Three Horse shoes way back before the railway came to Charlbury and they renamed it in its honour, but I may be wrong as I obviously don't remember back that far.

ivan krechov
👍

Fri 16 Mar 2007, 19:26

les boley will be turning in his grave if he new the railway arms had been changed to the three horse shoes

graham W
👍

Wed 14 Mar 2007, 21:44

Axs I have said before, the parking down by the Three Horse Shoes is bad, I can't wait for a fire engine to down there and take a collection of door mirrors, wings and the occassional door. Just hope that's it's not your house on fire!

Megan Bell
👍

Wed 14 Mar 2007, 10:43

Had similar experience quite often - I've found Sheep street a real problem, cars on the pavement for no reason outside the newsagents & Good Food Shop so end up all having to go in the road. It's a real shame especially as Charlbury is such a wonderful place to wander round with kids.

John Munro
👍

Tue 13 Mar 2007, 19:58

Here, here - Well said. How difficult is it for car drivers to use the road rather than the pavement?
If it is a continual problem with persistant offenders perhaps the local constabulary/traffic wardens office should be contacted. It always amazes me how many times the Bus Stop areas in Church Street are used as parking spaces by car drivers forcing the buses to double park and block the road!

Alex Westbury
👍

Tue 13 Mar 2007, 14:54

I have just returned from a lovely (in parts) walk with my twins (and double buggy). Most of the walk was great, despite being bin day and having to dodge the wheelies and recycling boxes! My only gripe is that there are so many people who seem to think that pavements are for parking on!!! It is possible to get round these by going on the road, but this is not an ideal situation, especially as those who do park on the road, were cars should be, park blocking the dropped curbs. Please, please, please all car drivers out there (yes, I am one aswell) show some consideration for pedestrians

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.