Vodaphone signal in charlbury

Robin Taylor
👍

Tue 2 Aug 2016, 15:06

I now mysteriously have a full signal again!

Susie Burnett
👍

Tue 2 Aug 2016, 09:38

The reason that the local O2 and Vodafone network was down last summer was because they were upgrading the local mast to 4G, and was unrelated to Wilderness. It would be pretty normal to lose signal in and around Cornbury during the actual festival because of the large volume of people using the network, but this would be fairly localised and only applies during the event. Given I've had a couple of apologies from O2 already - without explanation- I suspect they're doing more work/there's another problem with the local mast!

Mark Sulik
👍

Tue 2 Aug 2016, 08:58

Is there an e mail address I log a complaint ? they offered compensation last time - a small benefit for the inconvenience caused - I am sure the more complaints they receive , will cost them more and get it resolved quicker - we hope ?

NADINE MILLS
👍

Mon 1 Aug 2016, 22:28

Happened last year at Wilderness time - I have no signal at the moment with Vodafone!

mandy
👍

Mon 1 Aug 2016, 22:18

Normally when there's events on at cornbury it wipes the signal out

Kat Ward
👍

Mon 1 Aug 2016, 19:45

I have just spent over an hour online chatting with 4 different advisors who told me to turn my phone off then on and wait 30 minutes. Take out sim card, put back in. The whole thing was so ridiculous I copied and pasted the whole conversation into a word document. I am really really fed up and would like to express my frustration in a much stronger language!!

Susie Burnett
👍

Mon 1 Aug 2016, 15:11 (last edited on Mon 1 Aug 2016, 15:12)

I'm with O2, who share the same mast as Vodafone, and for the past few weeks have had no signal in the surrounding countryside from Ditchley Road to Salt Way and beyond, whereas I've always had perfect reception there before. I've had a couple of texted apologies for disruption to service from O2, though, so I assume they're aware of it - I think it's almost exactly a year since the last extended period of disruption, which was supposed to leave us with a better 4G service, but I feel mine is worse than before.

ALISON COLLINS
👍

Mon 1 Aug 2016, 11:46

Looking back at the forum, this seems to happen often! I, and my mother, haven't had a signal since Friday. However, my son, who has a smartphone, is fine! We live quite close to the mast too.

Robin Taylor
👍

Sun 31 Jul 2016, 17:53

Mine was working up Woody Lane on a walk on Friday, when it wasn't working in Enstone Road, maybe there's a reduced signal strength from the mast, so you need to be closer than usual.

Kat Ward
👍

Sun 31 Jul 2016, 15:50

Mine still isn't working in church st!

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Sun 31 Jul 2016, 13:48

Mines fine.

Robin Taylor
👍

Sun 31 Jul 2016, 13:19

Yes, mine's all but disappeared since Friday evening, nothing on their website when I checked. Went for a walk towards Chadlington yesterday, though, and had full signal in the middle of the fields!

Kat Ward
👍

Sun 31 Jul 2016, 12:26

Has anyone else lost their vodaphone mobile signal in Charlbury. Was fine until Saturday. If so does anyone know what the problem is??
Thanks Kat

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.