People touring round Charlbury looking for scrap

G Clarke
👍

Thu 7 Jul 2016, 10:59

"Presumably metal in skips otherwise goes to landfill". No, the skip companies pick through and sort the contents of skips; a. metals are, generally, too valuable to go to landfill, b. landfill tax ensures that the skip companies want to reduce the amount of any material that they have to send to landfill.

James Styring
👍

Wed 6 Jul 2016, 18:57

It's good to see people having an entrepreneurial spirit. Presumably metal in skips otherwise goes to landfill. Good on em! At least they asked too.

Charlie M
👍

Wed 6 Jul 2016, 18:21 (last edited on Wed 6 Jul 2016, 18:22)

I have just had not one, but three visits from some characters who were interested in a skip near to where I live. I informed them that the skip was nothing to do with me, and suggested in no uncertain terms that they should depart. I did not get the vehicle number, but it was a white transit-sized van. A few minutes later a second couple were back and hammering on my door. This second couple were in a smaller white Peugeot van, registration number KG52 NWJ (I was by now in the shower, but I'm 99% certain of the number). A few more minutes and they were hammering on my door again. They may well be chancers ... one can never tell. But bear that car number in mind if there's any "issues" ...

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.