Woodstock road closure 17/18 June

Chris Tatton
👍

Sat 18 Jun 2016, 08:20

I agree with Jon. Who is deciding which roads are being resurfaced and what is the criteria as to which are done first?The Woodstock road was one of the better surfaces, though few are good after years of neglect. Surely sheep street, market St, park st and the road just down from Wellington cottages are much worse and should have also been resurfaced.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Thu 16 Jun 2016, 08:35

It is surprising (to me, at least) that with so many roads in and around Charlbury in really bad condition, even dangerous, the County has chosen to carry out repairs on a generally excellent piece of road.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Wed 15 Jun 2016, 19:54

It is surprising (to me, at least) that with so many roads in and around Charlbury in really bad condition, even dangerous, the County has chosen to carry out repairs on a generally excellent piece of road.

Brigid Avison
👍

Wed 15 Jun 2016, 16:02

Thanks, Graham.

Graham Chamberlain
👍

Wed 15 Jun 2016, 10:28

If you visit the Oxfordshire County Council website at
https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/surface-dressing-programme-2016
expand the West Oxon District and download/open the last item in the list. This provides a map of the section of road affected.

Brigid Avison
👍

Wed 15 Jun 2016, 10:09

Does anyone have any info about this? The signs are up on the road itself but it's unclear which stretch of the road, and exactly when the road will be closed (the sign says `1 day').

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.