Doggy friend needed

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Fri 1 Jul 2016, 20:11

You could also try Barking Mad. They advertised in the March edition if The Chronicle, which can be found online under a community/other.

Harriet Cater
👍

Thu 30 Jun 2016, 11:07

Have you tried a company called "Wagging Tails"? Your dog goes to live with a registered and insured carer in their home as part of the family for the duration of your holiday. Google Wagging Tails and have a look if you are not sorted out yet.

Kim Sale
👍

Tue 21 Jun 2016, 09:52

Sidley, thank you so much. I have potentially found someone although I did learn about Trusted Housesitters this week and as you say it sounds brilliant and is a good price.

Sidley
👍

Mon 20 Jun 2016, 19:09

Kim, try https://www.trustedhousesitters.com/gb/ - I discovered this website last year and have become a member. You can find a house/pet sitter for free, and they get to stay at your place for free - all you pay (if you're up for it) is a membership fee which to be honest isn't that much, especially if you intend on going away now and then. It's a fantastic idea and I'm addicted. I'd offer to help myself but I don't think I can commit to 3 weeks!!

Kim Sale
👍

Fri 17 Jun 2016, 11:19

Thanks Liz, the service sounds great if you can afford to pay. I'm really looking for someone who might like to have a temporary companion or who may be willing to live in my house for the duration for free. The cost of most dog sitting services is more than my holiday!

Liz Puttick
👍

Thu 16 Jun 2016, 16:41

Kim, just came across a local ad for exactly what you're looking for, Oxfordshire-based "network of carefully selected hosts" for dogs www.barkingmad.uk.com

Lucy Mitchell
👍

Thu 16 Jun 2016, 12:54

Hi Kim, did you find someone to help?

Miles Walkden
👍

Thu 9 Jun 2016, 16:43

Boy did I miss-read this post's heading!

Edward Fenton
👍

Wed 8 Jun 2016, 23:33

Hello Kim - if you go down to the veterinary practice on the Spendlove site, they will be able to give you some excellent advice. In fact if you look under 'Business' and then 'Animals' on this website, you'll find some excellent help there too. Good luck!

Kim Sale
👍

Wed 8 Jun 2016, 16:28

Hi Liz, that may be an option although in this first stage I was looking for someone who may consider a temporary companion :-)

Liz Leffman
👍

Wed 8 Jun 2016, 08:18

Are you looking for someone to come and stay in your house, Kim? If so I may have a suggestion

Kim Sale
👍

Tue 7 Jun 2016, 22:23

I'm looking for someone locally who might consider looking after my little dog for three weeks this summer. Loyal, well behaved and house trained. Any suggestions welcome.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.