First Great Western e-petition

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Sun 25 Feb 2007, 18:03

Why be all so negative - come on, commuters changed things in Bristol and Oxford - why cant we for the Cotswold Line?

Caroline Shenton
👍

Sun 25 Feb 2007, 17:50

And I was born in Evesham, so ditto!

Julie Negus
👍

Sun 25 Feb 2007, 17:05

Quote" If one million commuters signed the petition, then the adverse media interest in the story would be nearly as unwelcome to FGW as the removal of the franchise."

Quote "Can I urge everyone to sign this petition - only 11 names so far!! "

Something tells me you're just not gonna reach that target!!!!

Derek Collett
👍

Sun 25 Feb 2007, 16:12

Well I came from Oxford so if I am forcibly repatriated there I will still have to use God's Wonderful Railway (or Wirst Great Western as I've started to think of it) if I want to get around by public transport.

ivan krechov
👍

Sun 25 Feb 2007, 13:54

if gods wonderfull railway does not suit you move back where you came from

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Sun 25 Feb 2007, 12:45

Can I urge everyone to sign this petition - only 11 names so far!!

Caroline Shenton
👍

Sat 24 Feb 2007, 09:23

The link is petitions.pm.gov.uk/FirstGW .

Sorry I messed it up first time round. I take your point Julie, but I reckon

1) The government is being asked to take action against a private company rather than altering its own policies, which is a bit different and

2) If one million commuters signed the petition, then the adverse media interest in the story would be nearly as unwelcome to FGW as the removal of the franchise.

Julie Negus
👍

Fri 23 Feb 2007, 20:17

The idea is a great one.
But if 1,791,942 signed the road pricing petition.......and it will still go ahead eventually(lets face it, it will)
Then you have a battle on your hands.
Good Luck

Caroline Shenton
👍

Fri 23 Feb 2007, 15:49

Some other commuters have got to the No 10 e-petition site before us. If you want to sign the petition - for the removal of the FGW franchise because of its dire performance - it is available at petitions.pm.gov.uk/FirstGW/ .

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.