Netwalking - Wednesday 15th June, all welcome

Helen Holwill
👍

Tue 16 Aug 2016, 10:50

Hi Pen. Sorry - only just seen your message. Yes, there will be a walk tomorrow (Wednesday 17) leaving from the old drinking fountain outside the co-op at midday. Jon Carpenter has kindly volunteered to lead this walk. We have been finding that it works well to have a flexible plan -someone volunteers to lead a walk and comes up with a suggestion, then the people who turn up on the day agree the final version between them to suit needs. The last walk involved a slightly longer walk of about 1.5 hours, with some people turning back a bit earlier to make it an hour's walk.

J Fox
👍

Sat 13 Aug 2016, 17:09

Is there a walk planned in August? September?

Helen Holwill
👍

Tue 5 Jul 2016, 14:53

The next 'netwalk' will take place tomorrow, Wednesday 6th July. Meet midday opposite the Co-op. This walk will be a shortish one, roughly an hour long, and will go up Crawborough, past the nature reserve and to the end of the Quarry lane foot path. Then we'll turn around and head back. Should take around an hour. All welcome. See you there!

Josie Stone
👍

Thu 16 Jun 2016, 07:01

I'm so glad it went well and the weather held for you.
The team at The Old Shed thanks you for your lovely comments and for choosing to visit us. We hope to see you all again soon.

Helen Holwill
👍

Wed 15 Jun 2016, 15:57

Yes, thank you to The Old Shed for welcoming us. Great food and drinks and a fabulous walking route up there, especially with the recently laid wood chip.

Andrew Chapman
👍

Wed 15 Jun 2016, 15:12

Many thanks for getting this together, Helen - and I'd like to congratulate Josie and colleagues on creating a really lovely café at The Old Shed.

Helen Holwill
👍

Wed 15 Jun 2016, 15:03

Thank you to everyone who came along to the first 'Netwalking' event. We had a group of 14 and the weather held off for what was a very enjoyable walk (and pit stop half way!). There is definitely a demand for this as a regular event, so I will be posting more info soon about future walks.

Helen Holwill
👍

Wed 15 Jun 2016, 11:25

No problem, Maggie. Hope to see you on the next one.

Maggie Watts
👍

Wed 15 Jun 2016, 11:14

Something has cropped up and I won't be able to make it after all.

Helen Holwill
👍

Wed 15 Jun 2016, 08:37

Hi Maggie. Yes, that's correct. I look forward to meeting you later.

Maggie Watts
👍

Tue 14 Jun 2016, 17:45

Can I assume that we are meeting by the fountain outside the Co-op? I'm looking forward to it.

Helen Holwill
👍

Tue 14 Jun 2016, 09:55

Great, thank you, Josie!

Josie Stone
👍

Tue 14 Jun 2016, 06:59

Yes The Old Shed will be serving the normal lunch time menu and is looking forward to welcoming you on your first walk. See you later.

Leah Fowler
👍

Mon 13 Jun 2016, 14:50

they posted that they were doing cold food at the weekend, then back to normal.

Heather Williams
👍

Mon 13 Jun 2016, 11:44

Will The Shed be open Tim got married on Saturday?

Helen Holwill
👍

Mon 13 Jun 2016, 11:22

A reminder that we will be meeting at midday this Wednesday 15th June for the first Charlbury Netwalking walk. We will be walking up to The Old Shed cafe at Banbury Hill farm. We will have a coffee and discuss what people would like out of future walks before walking back down again. All welcome.

Helen Holwill
👍

Mon 23 May 2016, 10:44

That's great to know. Thank you, Josie!

Josie Stone
👍

Fri 20 May 2016, 15:14

Just to let you know that the footpath running along side the fields (along the B4022) up to the Old Shed has been improved and sign posted too! We can't wait to welcome you on your inaurgural walk!

Helen Holwill
👍

Wed 18 May 2016, 17:50

UPDATE: the first walk will be on Wednesday 15th at 12 o'clock midday

Maggie Watts
👍

Wed 18 May 2016, 00:49

Lunchtimes sound great to me. Thanks. Maggie

Helen Holwill
👍

Tue 17 May 2016, 23:07

Thanks for all the interest. I'm glad it's something that seems to appeal. I'll check with the other two 'founding members' about the possibility of making it a lunchtime slot, which seems like it may suit more people... will get back to you.

Jody O'Reilly
👍

Tue 17 May 2016, 21:53

I'd also be interested in a lunch time thing occasionally, I too am pretty much at my desk early cramming as much as possible into my three working days.

Jody O'Reilly
👍

Tue 17 May 2016, 21:53 (last edited on Wed 18 May 2016, 07:03)

Tony H Merry
👍

Tue 17 May 2016, 17:17

Yes I'm here and there is no problem with putting up any notice just email it to me or bring it round and I will put it up
Don't think I will be around on the 15th but would be very happy to advise on future walk routes . Its our job as Cotswold Wardens to look after the public footpaths so we have a pretty good idea of suitable routes. There are a lot of possibilities and they are quite varied to suit time and ability constraints!
By the way I am leading a walk this Saturday from Enstone and will shortly post details of this - its a nice walk with the possibility of a pub lunch at the end.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Tue 17 May 2016, 16:37

That's a brilliant idea. The power-that-is in this case is Tony Merry - are you there, Tony?

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍

Tue 17 May 2016, 15:41

I'd love to join you, but my walking starts at 7.30am so I can be chained to my homeworking desk by 9am! Lunchtimes are an option tho? I suspect that there are many homeworkers who need some motivation to get out and about, and may find normal office hours a bit tricky...

Jean Andrews
👍

Tue 17 May 2016, 14:48

Excellent idea, Helen. I'd love to meet some new people as well. Count me in! (I'm a bit of an odd one as I don't really live in Charlbury but consider it to be 'home' currently! Hope you don't mind.)

James Styring
👍

Tue 17 May 2016, 13:38

Great idea, Helen. I'll be there with Riley. Maybe the powers that be (AKA Richard F?) would let you put a notice about this on the Walkers are Welcome boards on the side of the Co-op.

Helen Holwill
👍

Tue 17 May 2016, 12:22 (last edited on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 11:20)

We are three homeworkers who would like to kill at least four birds with one stone:

- get away from our desks
- get some exercise
- meet new people in Charlbury
- discover some new walking routes

We will be doing our first walk on Wednesday 15th June at 9.30 [NOTE: due to feedback the start time has now been changed to midday], meeting at the old drinking fountain opposite the Co-op. We will walk up to The Old Shed - the new cafe at Banbury hill farm - and back again. We'll be having a quick coffee while up there and taking the opportunity to discuss possible future dates and walking routes.
Everyone welcome! Just turn up on the day, no need to sign up. Dogs welcome.
We look forward to meeting you.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.