Many thanks from The Old Shed @ Banbury Hill Farm

Josie Stone
👍

Tue 10 May 2016, 16:17

Richard, thank you for that suggestion. Would you be the person I need to speak to about that? and also some of our campers are avid walkers with devices and have asked if there are any apps that have local walks on them, I wondered if you would know?
Many thanks

Jim Holah
👍

Mon 9 May 2016, 16:59

I think thats Ditchley land John

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Mon 9 May 2016, 08:33

Ali, the simple answer to your question is no! A permissive path linking Hundley Way to Widdows Wood, little over a hundred yards apart, would be very welcome indeed on all counts. I do not know who owns the field in question.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Fri 6 May 2016, 17:21

We could signpost it with Walkers are Welcome waymarkers, if that would help?

Jim Holah
👍

Fri 6 May 2016, 15:47

A map showing that route would be really useful at the end of Hundley Way...for the coffee shop & all the poor campers I see struggling along the road to & from the site.

Heather Donegan
👍

Fri 6 May 2016, 13:20

Ali.There is an off road foot path. If you head to the edge of Charlbury on the B4022 Enstone Road. Go up Hundley way a little bit then there's a path back to the road, left round the barn conversion. Keep on the grass verge to the bottom of the hill. You should see a footpath sign on the left which takes you up the hill behind the hedge. At the top cross the road and either walk through the farm trail or along the grass verge. You'll deserve tea and buns when you get there!

sarah routley
👍

Fri 6 May 2016, 12:07

It's a lovely spot for cake and coffee, or lunch and makes a nice walk with the kids from Charlbury. It's a gorgeous spot with lovely outdoor space in the sun. The woodwork is beautifully done! Thank you.

Ali Ross
👍

Fri 6 May 2016, 11:41

Thanks Josie. Entrance from the rear would make it a nice walking destination. It's less comfortable to get to on foot if it means going by the road. Just a thought.

Heather Williams
👍

Thu 5 May 2016, 21:41

Thanks Josie.

Josie Stone
👍

Thu 5 May 2016, 20:12

Heather D. I do hope your Mum enjoyed it too. And as for the chocolate pecan thingie, I can definitely recommend it!
Heather H. On the lunch menu tomorrow is pate, soup, quiche, ploughman's and the special is lasagne. There is very pleasant outside area to sit in. If you think you may be pushed for time you could email your order through to info@cotswoldview.co.uk by 10.30am and we can get it ready for when you arrive. Our teas and coffees are also available to take away.

Heather Williams
👍

Thu 5 May 2016, 19:02

What do you for lunch, I work in Charlbury and fancy a quick snack tomorrow lunchtime and to be able to sit outside and soak up the rays. I am on a time limit - 1 hour for lunch can I sit outside?

Heather Donegan
👍

Thu 5 May 2016, 16:51 (last edited on Thu 5 May 2016, 17:02)

Just come back from a tea and buns jaunt with my 90 year old Mum. What a transformation of the old shed. The tea was excellent and there was a mouthwatering choice of cakes and buns to choose from. Old favourites and some interesting new ones. We had the home made Italian apricot tart but it was a difficult one so need to go back soon and try the chocolate pecan thingy. Gluten free options as well. Prices very competitive for such quality products. Service efficient and very welcoming. Views and baby things at every turn. Walk up if you can but if not, parking good.

Josie Stone
👍

Thu 5 May 2016, 13:20

It is certainly a glorious place to be, especially in this weather. Yes, don't forget to bring your littlies with you for tea and buns this weekend!
The lambs seem to be growing daily, it's lovely to see the changes day by day.
Ali, no we do not have any access from the rear. All our access is from the front onto/from the B4022 via the driveway (for cars) or the metal gate for pedestrian visitors.

Jody O'Reilly
👍

Thu 5 May 2016, 07:39

Our family loved our visit too, particularly the lambs. We will be back at weekends in sure.

Ali Ross
👍

Wed 4 May 2016, 17:23

Is there an entrance from behind Banbury Hill Farm, on the Ditchley Rd side? I've often wondered.

Vickie J
👍

Wed 4 May 2016, 17:20

We came up at the weekend and had a great time. The cafe is lovely, the food was delicious and there was lots to do outside with our 8 year old and 3 year old. They loved the wooden tractor and seeing all the animals. We're looking forward to our next visit!

Helen Chapman
👍

Wed 4 May 2016, 16:29

I walked up with my 4 year old. We had a great time meeting the lambs and a very nice afternoon tea.

Josie Stone
👍

Wed 4 May 2016, 11:13

A big thank you to everyone who came up to Banbury Hill Farm and visited The Old Shed this Bank Holiday.
It was such a lovely weekend, seeing familiar faces, as well as new ones, that we have decided to keep our doors open!
The Old Shed will now be open to all from 7.30am to 5.00pm daily, serving breakfasts, light lunches and afternoon teas. A selection of hot and cold drinks, cakes and snacks are also available all day.
look out for our special event this weekend in the Events section of charlbury.info
Once again thank you from all of us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.