Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Wed 4 May 2016, 00:10

Is Cornbury up for sale?

russell robson
👍

Tue 3 May 2016, 21:23

I have to say the noise from the cricket ground was louder where we live than the event. And don't mention the peacocks!

Alan Wilson
👍

Tue 3 May 2016, 09:10

I unfortunately didn't pick up on this warning, and the noise was an unexpected and big nuisance on the day. I tried calling the out-of-hours number given by WODC for noise problems, but unfortunately no-one answered the phone, which doesn't seem much use! Fortunately the finishing time turned out to be much less anti-social than the Wilderness, so it wasn't quite the problem it might have been.

Hannen Beith
👍

Mon 2 May 2016, 12:38

It was all pretty quiet at Fiveways. A little bit of faint music now and then but nothing to get worked up about. However, about 11.00 pm a raucous group were shouting and laughing, they drove off in something after about 5 minutes. Of course, I don't know whether they were part of the event audience or not...

Tony H Merry
👍

Sat 30 Apr 2016, 20:41

How on earth did you find out Russell?
It supposed to be top secret for now
Hang on where is my file? - I had it when I went into the Rose and Crown ........................

russell robson
👍

Sat 30 Apr 2016, 16:51

Fair blows the wind for France (Leafield me thinks), Richard. Perhaps we can start a Brexit thread. Nothing too confrontational in that! Perhaps as part of the process Charlbury could leave WODC and become a rotten independant borough, directly funded from Westminster.

Rachael Lunney
👍

Sat 30 Apr 2016, 15:40

Is interesting a lot of people Re walking to the festival from the train station

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Sat 30 Apr 2016, 06:32

Cry Havoc are the local side Tony. Guess we could have a dance off, see if we win :-)

Tony H Merry
👍

Fri 29 Apr 2016, 19:50

OK Richard I am sure Wychwayz are up this
We can certainly make a lot of noise - see the next edition of the chronicle

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Fri 29 Apr 2016, 18:40

If it's over by 10 (with coaches taking people back to Oxford) then it should be fairly innocuous. Obviously one never knows which way the wind will be blowing, but Wilderness was much quieter last year and I'd hope that experience will show here.

Maybe we could send North Hinksey a noisy team of morris dancers as revenge? Shy FX has nothing on a man with an accordion and some "bangin'" sticks.

vicky burton
👍

Fri 29 Apr 2016, 13:44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5qH9CRUn30

Just found this Nigel! Probably not what you had in mind but fab lyrics!

Liz Leffman
👍

Fri 29 Apr 2016, 13:14

In case anyone hears excessive noise, the environmental health out of hours number is 01625 854582, but let's hope they all have a good time and no-one is disturbed

nigel rosser
👍

Fri 29 Apr 2016, 13:02

It can't be a festival or Cornbury would have mentioned it. Also, they say it has nothing to do with drum and bass and the Oxford mail's report on the moving of the "mayday event" was erroneous. I anticipate 3,000 students kicking off their gentle May Day celebrations with some Maypole dancing and poetry recitals and that the bands and Dj's mentioned on the flyers won't be playing their normal music, but some Mellow Arcadian tunes in keeping with the solemnity of the occasion.

Susie Burnett
👍

Fri 29 Apr 2016, 12:51 (last edited on Fri 29 Apr 2016, 12:53)

The poster/website for the event says it is a 'Festival'!?
heyevent.uk/event/h4msz6kmbp5uia/this-is-may-day-festival-2016

Steve L
👍

Thu 28 Apr 2016, 23:25

Great shout Russell.

russell robson
👍

Thu 28 Apr 2016, 21:42

Good to see Shy FX still doing it after all these years.

Shall we bunk over the back wall Miles?

Miles Walkden
👍

Thu 28 Apr 2016, 21:29

Looks fun. Do we get discount tickets?

Alison Wright
👍

Thu 28 Apr 2016, 20:08

Just to clarify, this is not a 'Drum and Bass Festival', but a May Day event. All of the attendees will arrive by coach from Oxford during the afternoon, and leave when the event finishes at 10pm when they will be collected by coaches which will exit via Cranehill Lodge on the far side of Cornbury Park.

nigel rosser
👍

Thu 28 Apr 2016, 18:32

Classy. At least we were given lots of notice.

Elaine Newbold
👍

Thu 28 Apr 2016, 18:19

www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/14440694.Ticket_holders_to_drum_and_bass_festival_left_in_lurch_after_organisers_forced_to_cancel_village_venue/

Rachael Lunney
👍

Thu 28 Apr 2016, 17:40

It is. Article in oxford mail

Frank Payne
👍

Thu 28 Apr 2016, 17:00

This wouldn't by any chance be the same May Day event that was to be held at North Hinksey and had to be cancelled after uproar in the village as reported in the Oxford Mail:

"Thousands of ticket holders have been left in the dark over the location of a music event originally planned for North Hinksey. There was uproar in the village last week when people found out an eight-hour drum and base music event, with a 3,000 capacity, was planned for the end of April."

Just wondering?

Frank

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.