Forum reopened

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Fri 1 Apr 2016, 10:39

Hi all,

I've re-enabled posting to the forum (no, this isn't an April Fool).

It's a lovely sunny day and I'm sure, despite the daily grind of living in the harsh, bleak, waste-strewn post-industrial landscape of Charlbury with its howling orphans on the street and polluted watercourses, you can find something to smile about. So two requests:

Please keep any moaning in proportion. There's no need to niggle at the slightest little thing or to make the same point again and again. Yes, there are things that make all of us cross, but if you were to stand at the bar of one of Charlbury's pubs (or the Sports & Social Club!) and moan non-stop, people would soon learn to avoid you; and eventually, if you were driving other customers away, the landlord would throw you out. The website has always been about constructively making Charlbury a better place, not just venting your rage at the world - if you really have to do that then please post to the Grease Pit.

Second, if you have an issue with forum conduct (either in general or one poster in particular), please don't start a public fight about it - just contact the site admins. That's what we're here for. There is a 'Contact an admin' link on the left. On any Internet forum, moaning about moaning never makes things better - it just deepens the argument.

You can reread the forum rules at any time, and you can review and reflect on your previous postings by clicking on your name (by any forum posting), and I'd encourage you to do so. I would rather not have to automatically exile people from the forum and am sure that we can together work to be more constructive.

Thank you!

Richard

This thread has been locked. You cannot add any further replies.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.