Charlbury's bookshop

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Thu 5 Apr 2007, 12:50

Thanks! Even Harry Potter is cheaper: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be published on Saturday July 21, and the RRP is £17.99. Evenlode Books' price will be £10.99, ordered in advance to collect on the day (or after!): the Amazon price for a single copy is £11.74 including postage. And by the way, there's been a lot of correspondence here over time with regard to shop opening hours in Charlbury, especially complaints from people who work elsewhere in the week and can't get out of bed on Saturday mornings! The bookshop will be open on Saturday afternoons in future -- so I look forward to seeing you all. This Saturday afternoon (April 7) you can have an extra 10% off any book in the shop (excluding customer orders) if you mention this posting -- that's 20% in all off the cover price -- and/or 50p off the stickered price of any DVD.

derek
👍

Thu 5 Apr 2007, 09:45

e-mailed at 2pm
Book in Stock
Picked up at 5.15pm
£2.32 cheaper than Amazon(54%).
Thanks Jon

Megan Bell
👍

Fri 2 Feb 2007, 12:33

Agree, I bought several Christmas presents there, all 10% off, all either in already or ordered in for the next day. A great example for other local shops I'd say.

Naomi Norman
👍

Thu 1 Feb 2007, 23:46

I nipped into Charlbury's bookshop at 5.10pm this afternoon to order some urgently needed books. Not only was I promised them for tomorrow (probably before 11am) - that's better than Amazon - I was given a better price than Amazon too. That's local service for you! Thanks John.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2023. Contributions are the opinion of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.