Neighbourhood Plans

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Mon 24 Oct 2016, 18:25

Thank you for the updated information that some of us were requesting. It has been interesting to see that the data analyst doesn't live in Charlbury.

Neighbourhood Plan
👍

Sat 22 Oct 2016, 20:17 (last edited on Sat 22 Oct 2016, 20:38)

This is a new posting for the Neighbourhood Development Plan
We will now be posting updates about what is happening with regard to the Forum and the Neighbourhood Development Plan as well as general Forum information on the Neighbourhood Plan section of this forum.
To see posts just click on the Neighbourhood Plan in the box on the left.
It is intended that this will be a specific discussion Forum which we will monitor and post replies to queries on so please use this

Tony H Merry
👍

Thu 20 Oct 2016, 07:55

The data analysis for the Charlbury Neighbourhood Forum Survey is being carried out by Phillippa Wilton who works as the Industry Programme Officer, for the Royal Society supporting the reintegration of industry into the Royal Society's activities and increasing the visibility of the Society in industry.
She was chosen as someone who is used to handling complex data and putting it over in an understandable way. She is now well into the data analysis and we are looking at the best way to present all of this data.
She does not live in Charlbury but knows the Town and has been briefed of the purpose of the survey and on the background to it.
We invited tenders from external consultancies and were about to appoint Community First Oxfordshire when unfortunately at the last minute they were unable to proceed with the work. We were glad that Phillippa was able to undertake the work at short notice as this prevented further delay to the project.
There was also the intricacies of apply for funding from the government which took longer than anticipated. This along with the vast amount of data is the reason for the time taken to get the results out.

Liz Reason
👍

Thu 20 Oct 2016, 07:31

Anyone concerned that the Neighbourhood Forum might somehow not be independent, should take advantage of the opportunity which has been open since it was set up - to join it. It's always been open to any member of the community. There's plenty of work to be done so come and pitch in.

David Court
👍

Wed 19 Oct 2016, 17:19

Susie
I agree wholeheartedly with your request to my mind the original survey was flawed and a little biased with its yes/ no questions and therefore it will be very important that the analysis properly addresses the further comments that I know people added
There must be absolutely no secrecy in regard to this

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Wed 19 Oct 2016, 15:27

Tony et al, can you please let us know who is carrying out the process of analysing the data from the survey. I do hope that it is someone who is totally independent of Charlbury and the Town Council/Neighbourhood Forum. If not then this could be open to skewing the results to fit particular agendas. Perhaps you could let everyone know who is undertaking this task?

Mark Sulik
👍

Tue 18 Oct 2016, 21:14 (last edited on Tue 18 Oct 2016, 21:17)

The posting made on the 9 th of March sets out what was going to be undertaken and that a grant of up
to £8000.00 was applied for - and additional money paid by the Town Council - indications that 951 returns have been made - is this correct ?

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Tue 18 Oct 2016, 14:07

Thank you Liz. I think there are reasons now (npi) to see who is doing this work, so it will be interesting for it to be made public as a matter of course. Regards.

Liz Reason
👍

Tue 18 Oct 2016, 10:41

There is not the money to employ a firm of consultants to analyse the questionnaires. The Forum has employed an individual with excellent data analysis skills and experience. I hope someone from the Forum, which met on Thursday, can provide a report on progress.

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Mon 17 Oct 2016, 20:19

It would be interesting to know who is conducting the analysis of the data. Can we be told now, please?

Mark Sulik
👍

Sun 16 Oct 2016, 19:18

Had a look at the link but was unable to see who the independent contractor is - can this be disclosed and how much they are being paid for the service

lucy Crane-Lupton
👍

Tue 11 Oct 2016, 07:07

Thank you for your interest in the Town Survey.

For Further details please see www.charlburyneighbourhoodforum.org.uk

Posted on behalf of the Charlbury Neighbourhood Forum

Mark Sulik
👍

Mon 10 Oct 2016, 22:20

Who are the independent contractors that are collating the data ?

Tony H Merry
👍

Fri 7 Oct 2016, 17:03

Well I would like to reassure everyone that there is a lot happening behind the scenes with the neighbourhood forum
Analysis of the survey is progressing well but with almost 1500 responses with over 100 questions it is bound to take time to compile carefully check and collate. we would ask all to be patient for a little longer.
as far as action goes the Neighbourhood Plan group met with Officers from WODC who were able to answer many questions we had

We feel that now we are in a position to start drafting the plan. This will take a little time and many consultations but we will keep you informed about progress during the process

We are aware that some recent proposals for housing development around Charlbury indicate that we should progress to a Neighbourhood Plan as quickly as possible now and that is exactly what we are doing.

If you would like to know more or to give us suggestions then please use the dedicated email charlburynp@gmail.com

The more complex Community Led Plan will have to wait until we have all the results of the survey as it covers many more issues than planning but the committee is set up and ready to start on this as soon as possible - watch out for more news

Angus B
👍

Wed 5 Oct 2016, 19:44

Mark, is your full stop - the only character on this last post of yours - an indication of what's happened to the delivery of the results, ie that the action has come to a full stop?

Mark Sulik
👍

Wed 5 Oct 2016, 19:19 (last edited on Wed 5 Oct 2016, 19:20)

Mark Sulik
👍

Sun 2 Oct 2016, 22:17 (last edited on Wed 5 Oct 2016, 19:18)

It has been months since the required return date of the 6 th of April .
Who are the independent company collating the data and information as this has never been advised
How much are they being paid and by whom ?

Peter Kenrick
👍

Sun 2 Oct 2016, 20:33

The data from the questionnaire are currently being examined and analysed independently. The results will be presented at a public meeting sometime during the autumn.

Mark Sulik
👍

Sun 2 Oct 2016, 13:42

Have the results been released yet ?

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Tue 12 Apr 2016, 08:47

It says on the survey that they will be collected.

Elaine Newbold
👍

Mon 11 Apr 2016, 16:02

Hi Harriet I have just sent a message to you

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Mon 11 Apr 2016, 15:28

I've just discovered that some of my miother's friends in various parts of Charlbury are still waiting to have their surveys collected. I assume it's now too late for me to get them and take them to the post office?

Philip Ambrose
👍

Fri 8 Apr 2016, 08:04

Well done to those responsible for organising and distributing the questionnaire. Not quite so well done to those responsible for drafting / proof reading and collecting same. I'll drop ours into PO today.

Angela Moore
👍

Thu 7 Apr 2016, 16:27

Ah, I have gone over deadline - as I got my form late, can I extend?

James Styring
👍

Wed 6 Apr 2016, 15:55

It's possible distributors called to the collect surveys and you were out. Given the deadline is today, I'd take them to the Post Office. Lucy/CNF is collecting surveys left there.

Heather Hill
👍

Wed 6 Apr 2016, 14:33

I was under the assumption that surveys were being collected but if not where do we return them to?

lucy Crane-Lupton
👍

Wed 6 Apr 2016, 05:25

Thank you for completing your survey forms and to those of you who have communicated concerns regarding the Neighbourhood Forum survey documents. The volunteer committee and helpers who have contributed to the format and structure of the survey are aware of errors and some inconsistencies identified and the possibility of others yet to surface.
The team do take your concerns seriously and share any disappointment caused by oversights and mistakes which we collectively own as faults in the production of the survey. We shall take pains to compensate and ameliorate any detrimental effect of these issues during the data collection and assessment stages of the survey responses.
On behalf of the Charlbury Neighbourhood Plan Team

Alice Brander
👍

Tue 5 Apr 2016, 11:32

Hi - it's disappointing to see that the questions are different between the paper copy of the questionnaire and the on-line copy of the questionnaire. Q80 - is totally different. Presumably that makes any response for that question whether on paper or on-line uncountable and invalid?

Ruth Brice
👍

Sun 27 Mar 2016, 08:52

Hi Lucy, I'm still waiting to receive the survey...have tried all email addresses and the mobile number. Would it be possible to get one delivered to 138 Ticknell Piece? Thanks in advance.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Sat 26 Mar 2016, 20:15

Is the data processing contractor referred to below happy with all this?

Christine Battersby
👍

Sat 26 Mar 2016, 18:48

Liz's comments about cycling suggest that she hasn't yet got as far as Qu 53 of the questionnaire. But perhaps she is completing the online version which, as I understand it, has been recently been changed and corrected in various respects.

I can understand the temptation to make corrections. However, if the online and paper versions are not identical that will make it difficult - &, for some questions, perhaps even impossible - for the statisticians to provide valid analyses of the responses.

Liz Reason
👍

Sat 26 Mar 2016, 09:35 (last edited on Sat 26 Mar 2016, 10:53)

Hi All, there is no mistake in the question about contraflow for cycles on one-way streets. They are all over London and other places. Perhaps you need to be a cyclist to have noticed them. The photograph shows a particularly narrow street and it still allows cycles to go the wrong way up a one-way street. Both motor vehicles and cars pay each other attention and it works fine. If you think about it, one-way streets are designed because you cannot get two large vehicles down them at the same time. Cycles are small and nippy and each person makes way for the other as appropriate.

John Munro
👍

Fri 25 Mar 2016, 09:03

Thanks John.
I will amend question myself and answer accordingly!

john hole
👍

Wed 23 Mar 2016, 21:14

Two way cycling on a one way street! You are right John, the answer options are inappropriate, I fear they may have been cut 'n' pasted from another question. A more appropriate set of responses might be: a-strongly against; b-doubtful; c-neutral; d-interested; e-favourable.
Regrettable though any error is, we hope that the survey questions are generally clear in spite of our team's inexperience in managing this exercise showing through. John, on behalf of CNF Committee.

lucy Crane-Lupton
👍

Wed 23 Mar 2016, 11:46

We are receiving emails on info@charlburyneighbourhoodforum.org.uk

Graham Chamberlain
👍

Wed 23 Mar 2016, 10:55

Some clarity regarding the correct email address would be helpful. Lucy Crane-Lupton's most recent posting (20 March) cites
info@charlburyneighbourhood.org.uk
and
info@neighbourhoodforum.org.uk

An earlier posting (10 March) cited info@charlburyneighbourhoodforum.org as the correct address. Later 'corrected' by James Styring (17 March).

Quite a collection taking into account the other incorrect .com one in the Household Survey!

Angela Moore
👍

Wed 23 Mar 2016, 10:23

Hi Lucy - I got a 'fail' message from this address: info@charlburyneighbourhoodforum.org

We didn't get our survey - can I come and pick it up, or can someone deliver to 3 Kendal Piece? Thank you. Well done, this is a HUGE effort.

John Munro
👍

Mon 21 Mar 2016, 11:33

Can someone say how you are supposed to answer Q53 of the individual survey, regarding 2-way cycling in 1-way system.
The question says "would you support...", but the options refer to being satisfied or dissatified....

John Munro
👍

Mon 21 Mar 2016, 10:33

We received ours on Saturday, but with TWO unique codes....

Katrina Ross
👍

Sun 20 Mar 2016, 18:32

We have received a second one today!

lucy Crane-Lupton
👍

Sun 20 Mar 2016, 10:54

HAve you received your Town Survey?
Homes in Charlbury should by now have their Household and Individual Surveys. However, despite our best efforts we may have missed your home, so if you have not been given a survey pack yet, please email info@charlburyneighbourhood.org.uk or call 07421 769110.
Be sure to read the explanatory notes inside the Household Survey booklet (the one with the yellow cover). NB There are two email addresses given in the booklet. The correct one is info@neighbourhoodforum.org.uk. The one ending '.com' is a mistake - apologies.
We hope you find completing the surveys an interesting opportunity to reflect on life in Charlbury. Remember that your views matter, so make sure you Have your say. You can complete the surveys using the paper copies or online. The online survey needn't be completed at once, you can save and go back to it as many times as you like.
Once you've completed the surveys online, let your street distributor know.
If you've completed the paper surveys, you can either:
• return them to your distributor sealed in the envelope provided; or
• drop them off at Charlbury Post Office using the same envelope.
Don't forget to give us your completed surveys by 6th April!

Lucy Crane, on behalf of Charlbury Neighbourhood Forum
www.charlburyneighbourhoodforum.org.uk

Liz Reason
👍

Sat 19 Mar 2016, 11:33

Just received our questionnaires. I think they look fabulous!

john hole
👍

Fri 18 Mar 2016, 13:07

I believe it will never be possible to identify from completed survey forms, which household submitted a specific form. However, your concern is perfectly valid Richard, there's a 1 in 3 chance of guessing right. I distributed to south area households and gained a strong impression that all were keen to complete the survey.

Richard Cocks
👍

Fri 18 Mar 2016, 11:29

The survey is supposed to be confidential but I live in one of only three houses in Charlbury South! I hope the other two complete their "household" forms so it is more difficult to be identified!!

lucy Crane-Lupton
👍

Fri 18 Mar 2016, 09:36

The email should work - I have received emails to the address info@charlburyneighbourhoodforum.org.uk You can always message me via this site too.
The phone does work now - it had run out of credit - apologies.
Leah, I will deliver to you this afternoon.

stephen cavell
👍

Fri 18 Mar 2016, 06:58

I live in a flat in Wychwood House on Enstone Road, one of 13 Flats. Currently only 5 are permanently occupied - several with overseas owners.So cold calling is not going to work. I am told that a 'doorbell' delivery was attempted on Wednesday of this week at 9pm which is not a good time to ask elderly/single people to come to the door. I did not even hear the door bell - too busy listening to a football match!

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Thu 17 Mar 2016, 22:30

Got mine handed to me in the pub thanks John

Leah Fowler
👍

Thu 17 Mar 2016, 18:51 (last edited on Thu 17 Mar 2016, 18:55)

Well it just says the mail to this email has failed permanantly and the phone number is unobtainable .We live in Workhouse Lane off Browns Lane

James Styring
👍

Thu 17 Mar 2016, 18:30 (last edited on Thu 17 Mar 2016, 18:31)

The correct email address is info@charlburyneighbourhoodforum.org.uk (the one listed below is missing the '.uk') and there are three people taking turns to answer 07421 769110.
If you haven't received your survey yet it is likely that the distributor has called once and tried to deliver but you weren't in. They have been asked to deliver in person where possible and to put them through doors if no one is in on the second visit.
Market Street has been 'done' so if you live there and haven't been given a survey either wait for the second delivery or try contacting CNF via the details above to find out who has your surveys. It's likely to be a near neighbour distributing to your street.

Leah Fowler
👍

Thu 17 Mar 2016, 17:33

We have't had ours yet Tim

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Thu 17 Mar 2016, 16:56

Have tried to email using the link supplied on this page and tried phoning on the number supplied but email keeps bouncing back and phone number unobtainable.( not a good start )
I was wondering have you delivered to Market street yet ? as not received our copy as yet many thanks

lucy Crane-Lupton
👍

Sun 13 Mar 2016, 21:45

There are almost certainly others we failed to list too - apologies for this one though. Anyone wishing to comment on the Sports and Social Club (or any other business we failed to list), can do so in the space provided for this purpose on page 10 of the Individual Survey (blue cover).

Martin prew
👍

Sun 13 Mar 2016, 18:45

I would just like to ask the question as to why every other business/organisation in Charlbury (including the Kebab Van) is mentioned in the questionnaire yet there is no mention of the Sports & Social Club

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Sat 12 Mar 2016, 16:43 (last edited on Sat 12 Mar 2016, 16:44)

Hi Richard, thank you and point taken.
I did read Lucy's comments carefully but ironically I must have misinterpreted them... I read it as having already identified a contractor who would report the statistics, *after* the data had been processed by some other group as yet to be found.
I apologise for the misunderstanding as it is not my intention to appear so unreasonable.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Sat 12 Mar 2016, 15:29

Rosemary - Lucy posted on Wednesday evening that "Charlbury Neighbourhood Forum is currently in the process of selecting one of a number of other organisations who are bidding for the work". That was two working days ago. It's good to know you're so interested in the project but a little patience will surely bring rewards!

(Our copy of the survey has just been hand-delivered with a smile - looking forward to going through it.)

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Sat 12 Mar 2016, 10:04

Lucy. Thank you for all the information supplied about the survey. I am still not sure who is going to analyse this data, and given that the findings will be a driving force for local change, it does seem to me that this data should be managed by an impartial professional body. Can we (without prejudice) therefore see the credentials of your contractor please?

lucy Crane-Lupton
👍

Thu 10 Mar 2016, 19:43

Within the next week or so, every home should receive their Household survey plus Individual surveys for everyone aged 16 or over. If for some reason your street distributor hasn't dropped yours off by 19th March, let us know on info@charlburyneighbourhoodforum.org or 07421 769110 and we'll get copies to you.

Have you say!
Remember it's really important to complete both versions of the survey. You can do the surveys online or on the paper copies supplied. It is entirely up to you, but whether you choose online or hard copies, you'll need the unique code that comes in the pack from your street distributor.

The survey results will tell the Town Council how you think Charlbury should develop over the next 20 years. Even if you choose not to complete all of the questions, please fill in all that you can. Your answers will make a real difference. If you have any questions, contact us on info@charlburyneighbourhoodforum.org or 07421 769110 and we'll get straight back to you.

If you've completed the surveys online, let your street distributor know. If you've completed the paper surveys, you can either:
• return them to your distributor sealed in the envelope provided; or
• drop them off at Charlbury Post Office using the envelope provided.

Don't forget to give us your completed surveys by 6th April!

What next?
The survey results will be announced at a public meeting in summer 2016. The recent Localism Act gives the community more power to have their say on the future of the town by developing a Neighbourhood Plan. The idea is that your responses and comments will feed into a Neighbourhood Plan for Charlbury.

glena chadwick
👍

Thu 10 Mar 2016, 17:53

Should we have received our surveys by now or will they be delivered over the next few days ?

lucy Crane-Lupton
👍

Wed 9 Mar 2016, 20:57 (last edited on Wed 9 Mar 2016, 21:05)

To ensure the independence and reliability of the survey data, a contractor with a track record in this area will process all of the data and send the statistical outcomes to the Town Council. These results will be made public. All information supplied will be kept confidential in accordance with the Data Protection Act.

A local organisation had been contracted to do the data processing. They pulled out, a few weeks ago, due to other work commitments. Therefore Charlbury Neighbourhood Forum is currently in the process of selecting one of a number of other organisations who are bidding for the work.

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Wed 9 Mar 2016, 10:31 (last edited on Wed 9 Mar 2016, 10:31)

May I ask who is going to analyse carefully the findings of this survey?

Tony H Merry
👍

Mon 7 Mar 2016, 19:41

We put the packs with each survey together on Saturday (courtesy of St Mary's Church) and they will be going out for delivery tomorrow
I would like to say that this really is a chance to voice your opinion so please take it A lot of people have put a lot of effort on this and the results of the survey will be analysed carefully to put together a plan for the Future of Charlbury

Tony H Merry
👍

Fri 4 Mar 2016, 16:46

We have just had the news about the referendum on Chipping Norton's Neighbourhood Forum
There were 901 votes in favour of the motion: "Do you want West Oxfordshire District Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Chipping Norton to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?"
There were only 80 votes against
However turnout the was only 20.89 per cent.
the process for Charlbury's Plan is moving on with the survey going out next week Once the results are in the Town Council will decide on the best way to meet peoples' expectations and if that is by a Neighbourhood Plan then we too will have a referendum
Knowing Charlbury I would like to bet the turnout will be much higher here

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.