New ways of thinking about housing

Rosemary Bennett
👍

Sun 14 Feb 2016, 17:20 (last edited on Sun 14 Feb 2016, 17:29)

It's not yet been confirmed that new private houses will be built in Pooles Lane. They are only at the planning stage and there is a strong case against them on conservation grounds.

Malcolm Biranek
👍

Sun 14 Feb 2016, 16:39 (last edited on Sun 14 Feb 2016, 16:57)

A great idea Liz but where and and at what cost is the land available in Charlbury? Most of the new build houses I have seen in recent years are around a million pounds which presumably to some extent reflects the cost of the land? Like the new ones on the Ditchley Road and I would expect those to be built in Pooles Lane? I know these are probably larger and perhaps more luxurious but the average price here is about half that figure @ £490,000.

Liz Reason
👍

Sun 14 Feb 2016, 16:10

Some of us are concerned about how most of the new housing in Charlbury is designed for those who can afford high priced homes. Here's a short animation that talks about a new way of providing affordable homes. (For those of you who were at the Neighbourhood Forum workshop last year - visual minute now on the wall of the Coop - this animation is also by Kirsti).
bit.ly/1SSvqnE

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.