Driver Required for occasional trips

Heather Williams
👍

Sat 20 Feb 2016, 09:59

You could try taxis to Thornhill get the bus and then get taxis' back to Charlbury might be the best bet

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Fri 19 Feb 2016, 21:28

Did you try www.evenlodevalleytravel.co.uk ?

Heather Williams
👍

Sun 14 Feb 2016, 21:18

Yep Mark that is high, some taxi firms locally have people carriers which you may be able to use. Good luck in your search.

Mark Sulik
👍

Sun 14 Feb 2016, 20:21 (last edited on Sun 14 Feb 2016, 20:28)

Heather ,
The quote of £468.00 for the Witney Shuttle , quite high , so continue to look at other options and the original thinking of renting a mini bus and find a driver

Christine Battersby
👍

Sun 14 Feb 2016, 20:14

The London taxi firm, Blackberry cars, will also come up this far, according to one of its drivers. You can get an online quote here: blackberrycarsbooking@hotmail.com I've only used them in London, but they were fine and also very competitively priced.

Heather Williams
👍

Sun 14 Feb 2016, 18:50

Mark the Witney Shuttle do operate a mini bus, it may be available it may not but if there are 6 of you then it would not be too expensive, and if they can't help I am sure they will know someone who will have a people carrier.

Mark Sulik
👍

Sun 14 Feb 2016, 18:31

Thank you Andrew, unfortunately this would prevent the ability to have a glass of wine......or 2 !

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Sun 14 Feb 2016, 17:15

Have you considered driving to Thornhill on the A40 east of Oxford, leaving the car there and using the Oxford Tube or London bus service.
It's extremely good, relatively cheap, and runs all through the night at fairly frequent intervals.

Mark Sulik
👍

Sun 14 Feb 2016, 17:00

We have looked at the options of public transport, which does not work out. The last train departs too early. Having 6 passengers - 2 taxis will be required at both ends of the journey, and 6 tickets on the train. Door to door looks to be the best option - hence looking for a driver and the shortest time in transit.

Christine Battersby
👍

Sun 14 Feb 2016, 16:40

I suppose you have already ruled out the last train from Marylebone to Oxford Parkway (leaves London 23.10). That way you would only need a taxi from Water Eaton. And, of course, the Oxford Tube runs all night to Thornhill Park and Ride, & other stops in Oxford en route to Gloucester Green.

Heather Williams
👍

Sun 14 Feb 2016, 11:46

I have used the Witney Shuttle, witneyshuttle.com. Very efficient, do airport runs as well.

Mark Sulik
👍

Sun 14 Feb 2016, 11:23

We are a group looking for a mature driver to take us to London on 5 th March for an evening event and returning us back to Charlbury in the early hours of the following morning.
Please contact me through the web site for further information, or if anyone has names and numbers that may be interested.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.