Ditchley Road development

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Tue 12 Jan 2016, 11:46

Yes, the Town Council did raise issues, particularly in relation to safe access and financial contributions to infrastructure/the community (Section 106) - see www.charlburytowncouncil.co.uk/images/committee/TC%20annual%20mtg%202015.pdf . Unfortunately the Town Council (which only has an advisory role) raising concerns does not necessarily mean that the District Council (the planning authority) agrees and adds conditions!

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Tue 12 Jan 2016, 11:26

And what about the resulting problems on Ditchley Road, especially the potholes and the two blind bends?

Did the Town Council raise objections? My very limited experience of the Town Council is that they do not routinely carry out site inspections, and can comment 'no objection' on an application very quickly indeed. I wonder if that happened here. However, this was far from a routine application for development. I hope they did their best.

This development 'softens up' a lot of the Quarry site for development, with access off the same stretch of Ditchley Road. Maybe that is a good thing from some viewpoints? And the next field up Ditchley Road on the left, describing it as infill...

Sue Normand
👍

Mon 11 Jan 2016, 15:33

I believe it was/is £71,000. Somewhat of a derisory figure perhaps - certainly wouldn't cover the cos of one affordable home...

Liz Reason
👍

Mon 11 Jan 2016, 13:04

Nine of the ten new houses under construction on Ditchley Road are now on the market - at a total sale value of £8m. How much of what will clearly be a large profit has been volunteered to the community under its planning application? How much was required by WODC?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.