Start the New Year by joining a book group!

Sally M Fenn
👍

Wed 6 Jan 2016, 16:42

Jane and Ruth
Pleased to hear that you're interested in joining The Horseshoes Book Group. Have just sent you both an email.

Ruth Williams
👍

Tue 5 Jan 2016, 16:35

Yes I would love to come, I actually have A Place Called Winter ready to read next so I will do that.

Jane Crane
👍

Tue 5 Jan 2016, 16:20

I would love to join. Is there a restriction on numbers or is it a case of turning up on the night clutching book or kindle?

Sally M Fenn
👍

Tue 5 Jan 2016, 08:09

We're looking for new members! We focus on modern fiction and over the past five years have read and discussed books such as The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes, The Glass Room by Simon Mawer, Stoner by John Williams and Nocturnes by Kazuo Ishiguro.
We meet on the third Wednesday of every month at The Three Horseshoes pub in Sheep Street. Our next meeting is at 8pm on Wednesday 20th January when we'll be discussing A Place Called Winter by Patrick Gale.
If you'd like to know more, send an email to me or simply come along and meet us at the first 2016 session. We're a very relaxed and friendly bunch of people!
Sally Fenn (on behalf of The Horseshoes Book Group).

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.