Amazon deliveries warning

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Thu 7 Jan 2016, 14:06

The Coach House is on the Corner of the Slade and Wychwood Close opposite the entrance to Ditchley Road

sarah routley
👍

Thu 7 Jan 2016, 13:36

I just noticed I have 2 boxes on my door step for 'the coach house, the slade' no idea why or where that is? What does one do?

mandy
👍

Tue 29 Dec 2015, 16:42

They delivered a parcel to a a lady in enstone with my sons name on it we live in Finstock. The lady came to my house to deliver it for him very nice off her

Alex Flynn
👍

Sun 20 Dec 2015, 17:21

"he" being the driver (not my neighbour as it reads)

Alex Flynn
👍

Sun 20 Dec 2015, 17:19

For clarity, to fill in the gap,

"As my neighbour (whom it appeared to be for)..." "...was away"

Alex Flynn
👍

Sun 20 Dec 2015, 17:17

I was awaiting a grocery delivery when I saw a delivery man (around the time my delivery was due) and thought that the man may have been looking for me. I approached him and it turned out he was an Amazon delivery driver. As my neighbour (whom it appeared to be for) he asked me if I could sign on their behalf. After seeing this thread previously, reluctantly I did (I had also not long woken up and was anxious to get my delivery), refusing to give my surname when requested the driver insisted on palming it off on me. I could have been anyone for all they care! Without looking that closely at the address label later I took the item to my neighbour who said it wasn't their item. It turned out to be addressed for a different address the next housing block up. Very careless of Amazon!

Only too happy to drop it round but it's Amazon's lack of attention to detail that amazes me! They are happy to give out your delivery to anyone!

Tony Graeme
👍

Thu 17 Dec 2015, 19:04

Amazon are said to be planning delivery by drone. That should be fun!
(Except for anyone who gets their parcel dropped in the Evenlode / Forest / nearest rapefield/. - delete whatever does not apply)

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Thu 17 Dec 2015, 18:30

Ours was left at "SHOP 8". It took a bit of head-scratching to work out this meant the Post Office.

I was amused by the Yodel van in town yesterday which was so dirty that someone had written "YODEL" in the muck on the back, presumably in case the delivery driver parked, dropped off the parcel, then couldn't work out which van was his.

Simon Walker
👍

Thu 17 Dec 2015, 16:46

We had a delivery by Amazon's own courier a few weeks ago. We were out, and the packet was too big to fit in our letterbox, so the courier left a card. The only problem was that it was illegible, so there was no clue as to where he or she had left the packet. After learned discussions over the garden gate with our postie, we tried looking in our wheelybin. Ah-ha! Obvious place to leave a delivery, innit?

Amanda Epps
👍

Thu 17 Dec 2015, 15:06

I don't use Amazon given their attitude to paying tax but I once got home to find a parcel for a lady in Fawler on my doorstep. When I picked it up all the contents fell out. The only similarity between my address and hers was The Green, it was even a different number. I rang Amazon and 2 weeks later after innumerable calls and emails, it was finally collected by a man from a different delivery company, Yodel having failed to do so after a week. He told me to ask for compensation for the inconvenience which I did and was reluctantly given a £5 voucher for Amazon!
Last week I came home to find a card from Yodel saying they had left flowers via Amazon near the back door. This time they were meant for me and trouble had been taken to protect the box from the elements. So I guess that makes a 50% success rate!

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍

Thu 17 Dec 2015, 14:56

A few weeks back I noticed "Amazon Logistics" as the delivery agent in the emailed shipping notice. We have had two packages delivered that way with no problem (but someone was home in each instance) and delivery person seemed to be using a private vehicle. According to this FT item (http://on.ft.com/1IZzLhu) it seems that in addition to taking over the retail world and cloud storage services Amazon is now gunning for the delivery sector. Not a very promising start given some of the experiences reported here.

Andrew Chapman
👍

Thu 17 Dec 2015, 11:36 (last edited on Thu 17 Dec 2015, 11:36)

Amazon uses several different delivery contractors, including DPD, Yodel and the Royal Mail - no doubt at Christmas there are others. These problems are perhaps down to pressured delivery drivers - who typically only earn something like 50p per drop-off and work to punishing schedules. Not that this excuses not actually delivering things properly! I've found local deliveries tend to be done by regular drivers, who are typically very helpful and know their way around - but I suspect there are extra people brought in to deal with the Christmas overload, and perhaps some of them are not so diligent. It's certainly not Amazon's fault per se, though they perhaps should vet the companies they use more!

Trevor Taylor
👍

Thu 17 Dec 2015, 11:13

We have also experienced problems with Amazon's delivery contractor. Last week two parcels were left on our doorstep which were clearly addressed to a neighbour. We were here all day - no ring of the bell, no request for a signature - the parcels were simply dumped, presumably on the basis that we'd see they got to the right person. Makes one wary of using Amazon.

brian
👍

Thu 17 Dec 2015, 10:40

I have been dealing with Amazon for many years and have never had a problem. Perhaps they have taken on agency/seasonal staff/drivers who get paid whatever they do!

Susie Burnett
👍

Thu 17 Dec 2015, 10:18 (last edited on Thu 17 Dec 2015, 13:17)

Of course I gave them special instructions, but it appears they didn't even bother trying to find my address, or the other addresses they dumped the parcels for, one of which I am told by the lady that picked it up contained a camera. Obviously, if you get your parcels that's great, but I am just warning people that if you don't get something when you expected to, then you might want to chase it up sooner rather than later. And anyway, I was in all afternoon, and at the exact time they claimed to have delivered, but no delivery van/courier came!

Pearl Manners
👍

Thu 17 Dec 2015, 08:46 (last edited on Thu 17 Dec 2015, 10:28)

Well all my parcels from Amazon have been delivered with no problems at all. It is best to give them special instructions if you are not going to be at home.

Miles Walkden
👍

Thu 17 Dec 2015, 08:37

Amazon is Evil - Don't use them is my solution.

Elaine Newbold
👍

Wed 16 Dec 2015, 22:33 (last edited on Wed 16 Dec 2015, 22:34)

Amazon does give an option to have your parcel delivered to Charlbury Post Office and seems to be working well -- About Local Collect

Instead of delivering a parcel to your home or business address, you can select a Local Collect pickup point and collect your parcel at a time that's convenient for you.

Local Collect is a service provided by Royal Mail as an alternative to home delivery. Royal Mail will deliver your parcel to a Post Office branch of your choice for you to collect at your convenience.

Susie Burnett
👍

Wed 16 Dec 2015, 21:11

Last week, a parcel that I had ordered from Amazon, which was to be delivered by their own courier company, was found on a random doorstep by the local post lady as she did her usual rounds. On delivering it to me at the rightful address, she mentioned that this was not the first parcel from Amazon she had found either left exposed in a public place or incorrectly delivered. A friend also found random parcels scattered along Crawborough on the same day, which she redelivered herself. Today, another parcel intended for me (and marked as delivered by the courier on my order) was found in a neighbour's food recycling bin and is damaged beyond repair as a consequence. I have of course taken this up with Amazon, but am struggling to get them to appreciate the seriousness of the situation. I would urge anyone ordering from Amazon to take it up immediately with them should their parcel not arrive. I suspect they may have a major problem with the courier for this postcode, who clearly discards parcels wherever and whenever if unable to locate the correct address, or no one is in.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.