Baby Sitting Circle

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Wed 10 Jan 2007, 13:51

When my kids were young, there used to be a baby sitting circle in Charlbury but not sure if its going now. Would be best to contact someone at Playgroup I would think - Alison Pritchard would be a good start.

J Davidson
👍

Tue 9 Jan 2007, 22:46

By babysitting circle I mean where families get together and using a voucher system organise babysitting between themselves. In other words, if you babysit for 4 hours you will be given 4 vouchers which you would pass on to whoever babysat your children, 1 hour for 1 voucher. Each family takes a turn (for say a week) matching available parents with people who need a babysitter.

When I was growing up it was quite common, or so I am told. My Mum says it was fantastic and allowed her and my Dad to get out even though they didn't have anyone in their family or circle of friends to look after us kids.

I'm not sure how it would go down these days though, being trusting when it comes to your children seems tantamount to being reckless with them, or am I wrong in my observations?

Rachel Perry
👍

Tue 9 Jan 2007, 21:14

Hi, what do you mean by babysitting circle?I'm 17 years old and am available for babysitting if anybody needs someone. Im currently in my last year at Chipping Norton sixform and have babysitting experience. Many Thanks.

J Davidson
👍

Tue 9 Jan 2007, 10:38

I've just been reading more on this forum, my apologies if this post is not appropriate, maybe I could rephrase it: Hello, should a babysitting circle not be active in Charlbury would anyone agree that it would be a good idea to have one?

J Davidson
👍

Tue 9 Jan 2007, 10:15

Hello, does anyone know if there is a babysitting circle active in Charlbury? Thanks.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.