Why can't I see pictures on the Adverts page?

Kat Ward
👍

Mon 14 Dec 2015, 21:34

Sorted now. Thank you

Charlie M
👍

Sun 13 Dec 2015, 09:44 (last edited on Sun 13 Dec 2015, 09:48)

If I may comment to Richard (site admin), and in response to graham W, in placing events for the musicians playing at The Rose & Crown I have found that the "golden rule" for the picture to appear the right way up is to proportion it so that its width is greater than its height. I hope this helps.

Kat Ward
👍

Sat 12 Dec 2015, 13:52

Ok well I do not know how to rectify it as I am a computer ignoramus, so nothing is 'fairly obvious' to me. Thanks anyway.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Sat 12 Dec 2015, 12:09

Kat, yes, it is the ad-blocker. Ad-blockers use a set of rules to block img and div tags, and the images on the ads page conform to those rules. You can indeed edit which pages your ad-blocker works on, but fairly obviously you have to do that - otherwise every website in the world would say "don't block ads on this page"!

Graham, that's a known issue to do with the way that some cameras (mostly those in phones) store images and will be fixed in the New Year when the new version of the site comes online. If you're anxious about any pictures you submit, the easiest way to avoid it for now is to make sure your camera is upright, not tilted through 90 degrees, when you take the picture.

graham W
👍

Sat 12 Dec 2015, 10:12

In addition, I wish the advert pictures were the right way up!

stephen cavell
👍

Sat 12 Dec 2015, 09:16

Sitting here in Singapore and decided to browse the adverts only to find that I am able to receive the text only - no photos at all. Not sure if this an ad blocked line.

Kat Ward
👍

Fri 11 Dec 2015, 22:21

Actually, I can see the text of the adverts just not the pictures that accompany the text, so I don't think the Ad blocker is the problem in this case.

Kat Ward
👍

Fri 11 Dec 2015, 22:18

Umm Yes I think so but I thought you it was possible to edit which pages it blocked adverts on??

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Fri 11 Dec 2015, 22:09

Have you got an ad-blocker installed? Ad-blockers block adverts... which is a bit of a problem if you're trying to look at the adverts page!

Kat Ward
👍

Fri 11 Dec 2015, 21:54

I have a PC windows 8 and used to be able to see pictures of items advertised on charlbury website but no longer?? Can Anybody advise?
Kat

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.