Station car park might get larger

John Dora
👍

Sat 12 Dec 2015, 17:32

Well the flood storage areas in the existing car park (aka puddles) contribute to sustainable drainage in that they effectively slow the runoff into the river considerably!

russell robson
👍

Fri 11 Dec 2015, 11:37

Hardening the Evenlode catchment would be fine! It wouldn't cause increased flooding at all!

I'd heard they were going to use it for Chinooks to land in when they arrive at Benson?

Kate Smith
👍

Fri 11 Dec 2015, 11:09

Great - hope we get lots and lots of extra lighting to go with that then as there are some corners of outer space from which it cannot currently be seen.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Fri 11 Dec 2015, 09:25

GWR have said they're interested in building a second level of parking. But it wouldn't be cheap and I presume it also depends on the Network Rail investment plans, which are currently rather focused on putting up some expensive knitting between Paddington and Bristol. I haven't heard suggestions of it being extended into the field, and would be slightly surprised to do so, given that the Environment Agency would presumably have opinions about a large expanse of tarmac in the immediate floodplain.

Trev Jones
👍

Thu 10 Dec 2015, 21:41

Has anyone heard the rumour that the station car park is being extended into the field in front of the station by the river, or GWR building another level of parking over the parking where the old allotments used to be right of the station approach?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.