The Bull - Open

Andrew Chapman
👍

Thu 30 Jun 2016, 07:06

It probably helps that the reviewer lives in Charlbury :)

Steven Fairhurst Jones
👍

Wed 29 Jun 2016, 22:03

Bringing the reviews more up to date, I spotted this one today by chance. 8 out of 10, and a pretty good advert for Charlbury in general too.

www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/united-kingdom/england/oxfordshire/cotswolds/hotels/the-bull-inn-hotel/

Lisa Hadfield-Law
👍

Sun 20 Dec 2015, 22:49

great dinner for 12 on Saturday night. They were full but squeezed us in. Great food and good value

Derek Thirkell
👍

Mon 14 Dec 2015, 19:40

Good luck to the staff at the Bull. Great food and prices about average for the area

Carolyn Connolly
👍

Mon 14 Dec 2015, 15:03

Four of us had a really good Sunday roast at the Bull yesterday.
Food was excellent, service good and comparing prices with other pubs in the area not expensive. They are addressing any problems that arise promptly and cannot be more helpful. Lovely to have the Bull up and running again.

russell robson
👍

Sun 13 Dec 2015, 19:34 (last edited on Tue 15 Dec 2015, 07:56)

Nice pork scratchings

J Fox
👍

Sun 13 Dec 2015, 17:50

It's a beautiful renovation. Had a large Shiraz, Prawn starter, Flank steak/onglet with chips- all delicious. Staff was helpful and attentive. I'm going back. Not cheap but worth the price.

Rachael Lunney
👍

Sat 12 Dec 2015, 07:27

Had a really good meal last night. If great to see the bull buzzing again.

Paul Taylor
👍

Fri 11 Dec 2015, 20:30

Did not see a bar tariff but pint of guinness and a merlot was £12 so not cheap plus food was not to my liking so will not be going back such a shame as Charlbury needs a good food pub.

Rod Evans
👍

Thu 10 Dec 2015, 19:39 (last edited on Thu 10 Dec 2015, 23:26)

Apart from endorsing other comments - and admittedly on the strength of only a single visit (so far) - there is someone in the kitchen who knows their way around one. Nuff said!

Alex Flynn
👍

Wed 9 Dec 2015, 00:16

Good luck to the new owners of The Bull

chris emsden
👍

Mon 7 Dec 2015, 17:38

I believe they are going to be opening from around 10am till 11pm all day opening

PJ Honey
👍

Mon 7 Dec 2015, 15:00

I was wondering about opening hours too and whether there will be a website.

Michael Taylor
👍

Sat 5 Dec 2015, 13:02

So glad The Bull is back. Does anyone know the new opening hours please?

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Sat 5 Dec 2015, 11:23

Good luck to Willow & Charlie we wish you all the success in your new venture

Frank Payne
👍

Sat 5 Dec 2015, 10:53

Surely it can't be a coincidence that the Bull in Ambridge and the Bull in Charlbury relaunch on the same day. Good luck and we're very much looking forward to eating at the Bull, the one in Charlbury that is!

Tony Morgan
👍

Sat 5 Dec 2015, 10:10

At last someone who knows how to run it properly

Pearl Manners
👍

Sat 5 Dec 2015, 08:06

That's great news!

John Munro
👍

Fri 4 Dec 2015, 23:54

As others have commented on the 'planning' thread, The Bull is open again and very welcoming. Nicely refurbished and re-organised. Great use of the space and Lesley was very impressed with the furnishing and finer touches. Lovely log fire burning when we went in. Nice to have a brief chat with Charlie and will definitely be going back in on a very regular basis...can't wait to have a meal there!
Welcome to Charlbury Willow & Charlie, we hope you make a great success of it!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.