Moved to Charlbury

Chris Tatton
👍

Fri 19 Jan 2007, 14:00

Derek - The Oxford Environment Centre is at 37A Sheep Street, Charlbury.

derek
👍

Fri 19 Jan 2007, 09:58

Great i know when you are open, but where are you?

Oxford Environment Centre
👍

Thu 18 Jan 2007, 18:54

We have just completed sending out a leaflet to all the houses on Charlbury,on a range of energy saving appliances which will save you a lot of money on energy use at home. We also are selling a good range of low energy light bulbs and gadgets for recycling at home. Logmakers, Pens and Pencils made from plastic cups and Glasses made from recycled bottled. Come and see us . We are open every day between 9.30 and 12.30pm and help us try to help your reduce carbon footprint.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Tue 9 Jan 2007, 15:35

Hi John - hope you and your family have settled in well to Charlbury. It really is a gem of a place! Since you have probably unpacked the boxes by now you will be thinking, what shall I do now? Street Fair (an annual event held to raise money for the upkeep of the Corner House and Memorial Hall, our two community buildings) needs extra help. The first meeting to organise this years Street Fair will be held on 19 February at 8pm in the Garden Room. You are most welcome to come and join us all - and we go to the pub afterwards - chance to get to meet some more people! You can contact me by email at susanna_finch@hotmail.com. I hope to hear from you soon!!!

John Munro
👍

Mon 8 Jan 2007, 19:08

Hello and welcome Mr & Mrs Hussey,
At the risk of starting up one of those 'too many outsiders' or 'Charlbury has changed' or 'it not as rosy as you think' threads, I would agree with him that it is a town where you are made welcome, with people acknowledging one another when passing in the street!
We have now been here a year and have always felt very welcome.

Paul Taylor
👍

Mon 8 Jan 2007, 17:15

Welcome any way you will enjoy the local pubs for food and drink The rose and Crown for real ale, The Bull/The Bell both do excellent food, The football club is always an option to go and watch live football matches on the big TV and is cheap. Hope to see you out and about town every talks to one and other very friendly

John Hussey
👍

Sun 7 Jan 2007, 21:15

Hi Paul,

Actually I came up here from Jersey, Channel Islands. Originally from Galway in Ireland.

Paul Taylor
👍

Sun 7 Jan 2007, 12:06

John hello Are you from Lyneham origanally say 20+ year ago .

graham W
👍

Sat 6 Jan 2007, 22:23

Welcome John and your family to Charlbury

John Hussey
👍

Sat 6 Jan 2007, 20:05

I have recently moved to Charlbury and I wanted to say that in all my travels Charlbury was the first place that any of my new neighbours called to say hello. Whats more they even invited my wife and I around for welcome drinks. Hello to all!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.