Ciardi Coffee House - Market Street

chris emsden
👍

Fri 20 Nov 2015, 13:26

Yes, odd 1 that Pearl, as you say we now have a higher population, but less shops? In the modern world I think they call that progress!

Pearl Manners
👍

Thu 19 Nov 2015, 20:58 (last edited on Fri 20 Nov 2015, 09:57)

ooops sorry Chris,I was more reminiscing than suggesting...... There were so many shops in the old days which your Mum will have told you about that we don't have now which is sad really but I suppose the population was much less then.

chris emsden
👍

Thu 19 Nov 2015, 20:34

Yes Pearl, & it was a good fish & chip shop, my Mum is 89 yrs old Charlbury born & raised, she says it was very popular. The Coffee House was a nice idea, but I always thought it was a bit too small for purpose, & to open another 1 sadly would probably result in the same outcome, Charlbury isn't Burford & doesn't get the volume of Tourists etc to make it viable! Plus, with the Good Food shop/Newsagents/The Bell & whatever the The Bull will be offering, how much coffee can the residents of Charlbury drink!

Julie Penny
👍

Thu 19 Nov 2015, 20:27

Would be lovely to be able to get some good coffee, hopefully will be open early enough to grab one before starting work. Opening at 8.30 or 9am is a bit late for most of us:)

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Thu 19 Nov 2015, 19:40

Quite a lot of pubs now do takeaway pizza or fish & chips - see this article from the Morning Advertiser. Maybe something one of the Charlbury pubs might like to consider?

Stephen Andrews
👍

Thu 19 Nov 2015, 18:34

But all these choices can be found on various days of the week at the Spendlove. I also seem to recall that the planning consent given to the premises was limited in some way?

Romaine Schmidt
👍

Thu 19 Nov 2015, 18:09

Yes, italian wood fired pizzeria or Thai street food with eat- in & take-out options.

Pearl Manners
👍

Thu 19 Nov 2015, 18:00

There used to be a Fish & Chip shop many years ago Chris opposite the Pharmacy.

chris emsden
👍

Thu 19 Nov 2015, 15:57

A long overdue in Charlbury, traditional Fish & Chip shop for me!

Pearl Manners
👍

Thu 19 Nov 2015, 15:30

That sounds a really good idea Simon I know several friends who either drive to Witney or order for delivery, especially weekends.

Simon Fenn
👍

Thu 19 Nov 2015, 15:18

It strikes me a pizzeria might do well in Charlbury. It could cater for eat-in and take-away trade - and perhaps deliver as well. And it could still do coffee.

nigel rosser
👍

Wed 18 Nov 2015, 12:28

Really? Good!

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Wed 18 Nov 2015, 11:25

There's some talk of another cafe moving in, I believe.

nigel rosser
👍

Wed 18 Nov 2015, 11:04

It is now closed for the holidays, so I doubt it will reopen. It is a shame it didn't work. Anyone have any bright ideas for the place?

Kate Smith
👍

Tue 17 Nov 2015, 12:29

I saw it too - very sorry they are going as I thought it was a great resource - thanks Francesca, and good luck!

Mark Sulik
👍

Sun 15 Nov 2015, 21:46

I note from a sign in the window that the Coffee house is available to rent from January, will it still be used for the same purpose ? We have had some lovely meals there -does anyone know the situation ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.