Scam

mandy
👍

Thu 5 Nov 2015, 13:51

ijust tell them i dont have a computer they have no idea where to go from that one if they keep on i just say my son works for computer company phone goes dead then

Jody O'Reilly
👍

Thu 5 Nov 2015, 11:30

I often let them blather on before declaring my Apple use, small pleasures.

john h
👍

Thu 5 Nov 2015, 09:59

9am today. Good morning I am calling about your windows problem, ironic really as i have a team of guys fitting me new windows (the see through sort).Told the guy i used Apple, that was that-- "click" . John H

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Wed 4 Nov 2015, 23:42

I managed to keep one of these people on line for quite a while recently asking a lot of questions about what I should do and what to press, etc etc, without actually doing anything, and then finally let on that I do not use Windows but Ubuntu Linux.
The phone call was suddenly dropped at the Indian end after that. It made me feel really good!

Simon Walker
👍

Wed 4 Nov 2015, 21:23

Ah-ha ..... And it was Ken's colleague Alex who called us from India just a couple of days ago. And before that it was John, and Rex, and Dave, and Mike, and Sam and ...... for about the past 15 years. You'd-a thought they'd-a got the message by now.

john h
👍

Wed 4 Nov 2015, 18:26

Simon, it was a phone call, had it been at the door I would usually let the dog answer the door!!

Simon Walker
👍

Wed 4 Nov 2015, 17:52

Meaning that he called in person, as in 'knocked on the door', not just called like the usual India-sourced "We are from windows and we know your computer is not working ....." phone calls? That's a new one, then.

john h
👍

Wed 4 Nov 2015, 17:20

I had a very nice chap called Ken called me today,offering to fix my computer. Left with a flea in his ear,obviously doing the rounds in this area,be carefull!!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.