Department of Energy Consultation ending on Friday

Chris Tatton
👍

Sat 24 Oct 2015, 18:58

Wish there was a "like" function key, so I could "like" Richard's posting.

rosemary galli
👍

Thu 22 Oct 2015, 12:06

Thanks to all for the information. I hope you, too, will try to get through the complicated survey that the Department has put on the internet for the consultation. I feel this might be one way to continue the Charlbury tradition mentioned by Richard.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Thu 22 Oct 2015, 10:38

The Conservative government evidently believes that sustainable energy is not worth supporting and that nuclear is the way forward, and that, I guess, is their right.

Just like those indomitable Gauls in Roman France, however, Charlbury has a fine tradition of being a rebellious island in the empire, one which proudly thumbs its nose at the ludicrous diktats sent out by Caesar. Long may it continue.

(And I swear I had a pint of Getafix's magic potion in the Rose & Crown once.)

Alan Wilson
👍

Thu 22 Oct 2015, 09:30

Well done, Southill Solar and WODC. But another way of looking at the same facts would be that they seem to suggest the project is only worthwhile if it can attract a greater subsidy than the Government now thinks it ought to be getting.

Liz Reason
👍

Wed 21 Oct 2015, 20:50

Hi Rosemary. You'll be pleased to know that the worst impact of the proposed cuts to subsidies was an increase in stress levels on the part of the Southill Solar team and WODC lawyers as we completed the paperwork to ensure that we would manage to pre-accredit our scheme - register for the FiT income at the current level - before the deadline of 30 September. So we have scraped in under the wire. Do come to our public meeting on 18th November in the Memorial Hall to learn about next steps and funding opportunities.

rosemary galli
👍

Wed 21 Oct 2015, 15:59

I have tried to answer the questions on the proposed Government cuts to subsidies for renewable energy but am having difficulties in understanding the impact of the cuts on our_own solar farm project_. If someone could explain the impact in a few words, I would be grateful as I believe we need to respond to the government on this issue. Even the UN representative on climate change, Prof. McGlade, has taken the unusual step to speak out against these measures as has the Scottish minister of Energy among others. Already 3 solar firms have failed and over 1,000 jobs lost since the announcement of subsidy cuts.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.