Books for the Corner House book store

Neil Pakenham-Walsh
👍

Mon 2 Nov 2015, 08:57

Hannen, the Corner House book store sells CDs and DVDs but not LPs. If you have any CDs or DVDs to donate, we'll be grateful to receive them. Many thanks, Neil

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Sun 1 Nov 2015, 16:23

I'd like to add wifi to Tony's wish list!

Amanda Epps
👍

Sun 1 Nov 2015, 11:57

The Oxfam Bookshop in Witney take both.

Hannen Beith
👍

Thu 29 Oct 2015, 18:41

I have loads of CDs and vinyl records rotting in the shed. Is there a place for them?
If not, perhaps a local Charity could contact me...

Neil Pakenham-Walsh
👍

Mon 26 Oct 2015, 07:03

Liz, Tony, Suzie - thank you for your comments. It's a pleasure to coordinate this.

Thank you also to the many people who responded to our request for more books - we have received more than 500 'new' books as a result! I invite everyone to come and browse: Mon-Fri 9-5, plus Saturday mornings, upstairs in the Corner House.

Best wishes, Neil

Suzie Williams
👍

Fri 23 Oct 2015, 20:29

I agree too. It's lovely to be able to donate books knowing they'll be re-used in the town and also raise funds for the Corner House.

Tony H Merry
👍

Fri 23 Oct 2015, 18:49

Exactly Liz what a great initiative and I have got some unusual and very interesting books from there. Well done Neil!
The money is also very welcome and perhaps we can put it towards specific projects such as improving disabled access to the Corner House or improving the energy efficiency of the building

Liz Reason
👍

Wed 21 Oct 2015, 20:52

Neil - I think your bookshop initiative is brilliant!

Neil Pakenham-Walsh
👍

Wed 21 Oct 2015, 09:49

Thanks to high turnover, we have room for more books in the book store (upstairs in the Corner House).

If you have any books you don't need, please bring them to the Corner House and leave them on the table upstairs.

The book store is open Mon-Fri 9-5, plus Saturday mornings.

All proceeds go to the maintenance of the Corner House and Memorial Hall. To date we have raised well over £2000.

Many thanks, Neil - Tel 01608 811899

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.