Climate change campaigning - anything going on?

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Sat 24 Oct 2015, 14:11

Frances -- I've messaged you via this site. See 'Mail' top right.

Frances Mortimer
👍

Thu 22 Oct 2015, 19:31

Just posted my consultation response about the Feed-in Tariff - very long and technical consultation - don't be put off! Only important question to answer and comment on is No 4, you can put "don't know" to all of the others.

Frances Mortimer
👍

Thu 22 Oct 2015, 19:03

Thanks Rosemary - and this is the link for the DECC consultation which closes 11.45pm on Friday (23 Oct): econsultation.decc.gov.uk/office-for-renewable-energy-deployment-ored/fit-review-2015/consultation/intro

rosemary galli
👍

Wed 21 Oct 2015, 15:20

May I join this discussion by posting an urgent appeal to respond to the Government's proposed cuts to green energy subsidies. There is a public consultation that will end on 23 October at 11:45 so we need to get our skates on. This is the notice I received from James Randerson:
"The UK's solar industry is booming. There are now 3000 solar businesses, employing 35,000 people and 750,000 homes now have PV panels on their roofs. But the government is putting that at risk with plans to cut the subsidies for home installations by 87%. Ministers say they want to cut the cost of the subsidies which are shouldered by bill-payers. Reasonable enough, except that the cost on annual bills is tiny - between 50p and £1.40 a year.
This week, you have a chance to have your say. The Department of Energy and Climate Change is consulting on its planned subsidy changes and submissions end on Friday 23rd October at 11.45pm. So if you want to influence the decision, you must act quickly. (Note: The FiT is currently available in England, Wales and Scotland, but not Northern Ireland). Voice your view by going to this page on the DECC consultation website."

Mark Luntley
👍

Wed 21 Oct 2015, 14:56

What time is the meeting on the 18th? I'm assuming its in the evening? I'hoping to be there

Liz Reason
👍

Tue 20 Oct 2015, 18:35

Hi Frances, I'll try and be there for half an hour. Just so you know, there will be a meeting of Sustainable Charlbury on 18th November in the Memorial Hall to talk about progress with Southill Solar and Southill Community Benefit Society -- the new company we are setting up to start raising money for the solar farm and other community energy benefits.

Frances Mortimer
👍

Tue 20 Oct 2015, 12:13

Great!

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Tue 20 Oct 2015, 09:05

See you there!

Frances Mortimer
👍

Mon 19 Oct 2015, 22:38

Thanks for replying. I am meeting at least one friend (and maybe more) at 8pm on Thursday 22nd October at The Bell to talk through ideas for local action/awareness raising over the next 6-7 weeks. Please do join us if you would like to - i will make a little "climate change" sign for our table so you can find us!

Stephen Andrews
👍

Fri 16 Oct 2015, 13:10

I am going.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Fri 16 Oct 2015, 12:48

I'm hoping to join the march on the 29th as part of the Green contingent. I don't know of a group.

Liz Leffman
👍

Fri 16 Oct 2015, 11:28 (last edited on Fri 16 Oct 2015, 12:38)

I was in Brussels the other day and watched a debate about the EU report that is going to be presented at the Paris talks. One of the MEPS that was opposed to the report, which is quite far-reaching and ambitious, was a member of the UK Conservative group. So I am very much in favour of us expressing our views to David Cameron, and I understand that a letter will be available for all to sign on Saturday November 21st in the town centre. This is being organised by Peace at the Pub. Sustainable Charlbury was set up some years ago, Frances, for the purpose of reducing the community's carbon footprint. It is SusCha that is setting up the solar farm outside the town. You can find a link to our website under Community on the menu above. Any ideas about how we might encourage local institutions etc to do more to divest themselves of using fossil fuels would be welcome. I won't be able to go on the march as I will be away on November 29th, but there may be others planning to go.

Frances Mortimer
👍

Thu 15 Oct 2015, 22:33 (last edited on Thu 15 Oct 2015, 23:19)

Is anyone in Charlbury organising any climate change campaigning in run-up to the Paris talks in December? I wondered specifically if there is a group planning to join the global climate march in London on 29th November, whether anyone has tried to meet with David Cameron about this issue, whether we could call on local people/institutions to divest from fossil fuels?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.