Deborah Longshaw
👍

Fri 9 Oct 2015, 17:20

Ridiculous situation, thanks.

Trevor Taylor
👍

Thu 8 Oct 2015, 07:59

Deborah,

O2 and Vodafone, who both share the mast on the town's fire station, have 'upgraded' the service. Sadly this 'upgrade' means that many people who previously had reception, albeit at a low signal strength, now have none.

I asked David Cameron MP if there was anything he could do to persuade O2 and Vodafone to improve reception locally as many businesses and private individuals in the Charlbury area are without a service. On behalf of those affected the Prime Minister contacted the phone companies and O2, at least, deny there is a problem. Talks are ongoing.

In the meantime we have cancelled our O2 account and have switched to EE. I am pleased to report that we have a very usable 3G signal with EE while the O2 signal remains absent. EE transmits from a different, higher mast and has better local coverage.

My advice would be to any O2 or Vodafone users in the Charlbury area who continue to have problems is to switch to EE. O2 have previously told me they would release people from contracts if there is no home reception.

Trevor.

Deborah Longshaw
👍

Wed 7 Oct 2015, 20:41

My son is visiting me & is shocked to discover once again that he still cannot get a signal. Can anyone update me with the latest on the situation.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.